The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TESO character type closest to a Bogatyr?

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Hi guys, we ask that forum posts be kept in an officially supported language (English, German, or French). We don't have the moderation capabilities to ensure that other conversations are appropriate.

Hire me :)

p.s. Nos, bogatyri aren't воины света, they protected Rus', not praised the Sun :) Or did I forget my folklore? I think AlanG is closer to the truth. Also, I might be mistaken, but I recall some guy who had power as long as he was barefeet (so he touched the ground). Not sure, but it does sound like a DK using earthen heart. There were no dragons though, only Serpents (almost same thing though).

Note that I said that they fight evil such as Змей Горыныч and Соловей Разбойник. Thus while they are not specifically holy, they use their powers to fight unholy things.

I agree with that :) Just that they aren't holy. And Соловей Разбойник wasn't necessarily unholy, it's just an image of an enemy of Rus'. It's not like bogatyri fought undead or demons only. They were kinda like witchers but also protected the motherland
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget the Bogatyr question

:(

Along that vein, though, in the end it seems like it'd simply be too difficult to be and look like a Bogatyr here :( and that I'll just have to stick to playing my Imperial Nightblade.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »

Along that vein, though, in the end it seems like it'd simply be too difficult to be and look like a Bogatyr here :( and that I'll just have to stick to playing my Imperial Nightblade.

Sorry I didn't mean to dismiss your question, I just was fascinated with that compilation of styles. I stick by my recommendation of stamplar and I'd go as Nordic for the race.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

I decided to lay out all off the styles seen in ESO by their respective Motif Numbers. Some motifs are not numbered. Look through the pictures and see what strikes you as aesthetically correct for your Bogatyr..... also, play a Stamina Dragonknight!

Motif 1. Altmer Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 2. Dunmer Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 3. Bosmer Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 4. Nord Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 5. Breton Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 6. Reguard Craftable
    6r0a3q.png

Motif 7. Khajiit Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 8. Orc Craftable
    ESO-Orc-Armor-2.gif

Motif 9. Argonian Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 10. Imperial Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 11. Ancient Elf Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 12. Barbaric Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 13. Primal Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 14. Daedric Craftable
    hqdefault.jpg

Motif 15. Dwemer Craftable
    18UTy8W.jpg

Motif 16. Glass Craftable
    eso-glass-armor.jpg

Motif 17. Xivkyn Craftable (all armors available as costumes)
    031b2207bde81ebed9e5efe3cf5bf405.jpg

Motif 18. Akaviri Craftable
    Samurai-Armor-screenshots.jpg

Motif 19. Mercenary Craftable
    b90211a1300438baf3aad9416f2d2f.jpg

Motif 20. Yokudan Not-Craftable (will be in the future)
    Anka-ra_warriors_concept2.png

Motif 21. Ancient Orc Craftable
    Ancient-Orc.jpg

Motif 22. Trinimac Craftable
    5oSXhqo.jpg?1

Motif 23. Malacath Craftable
    a84262e13d36b169ab.jpg

Motif 24. Outlaw Craftable (light armor available as a costume)
    Thieves-Guild-Arms-and-Armor-concept-art.jpg

Motif 25. Aldmeri Dominion Craftable
    TESO_IC_Concept_01.jpg

Motif 26. Daggerfall Covenant Craftable
    e563ef7efe142f41fb.jpg

Motif 27. Ebonheart Pact Craftable
    d38b24d471f3db1e8b.jpg

Motif 28. Ra Gada Not-Craftable (will be in the future)
    Ra-Gada-style-concept-art.jpg

Motif 29. Soul-Shriven Craftable (all armors available as costumes)
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online.jpg

Motif 30. Morag Tong Not-Craftable (might be in the future) (not in game yet)
    Morag-Tong-Armor-Elder-Scrolls-Online_1429276291.gif

Motif 31. Skinchanger Not-Craftable (might be in the future) (not in game yet)
    (Nothing Yet)

Motif 32. Abah's Watch Not-Craftable (might be in the future) (light armor available as an outift)
    VUJ6cBN.jpg

Motif 33. Thieves Guild Not-Craftable (will be in the future)
    51e9pcd.gif

Motif 34. - Nothing Yet -
    (Nothing Yet)

Motif 35. Dro-m'Athra, known as Dromothra Not-Craftable (might be in the future)
    Dro-mAthra-Light-Armor.jpg

Motif ? Worm Cult Not-Craftable
    worm.jpg

Motif ? Ashlander Not-Craftable (will not be in the future) (all armors available as costumes)
    f37c704287c3648c1b82c4416d75d71b.jpg

Motif ? Dark Brotherhood Not-Craftable(will be in the future) (not in game yet)
    eso-dark-brotherhood-armor-set.jpg

Motif ? Ebony Not-Craftable (will not be in the future)
    EbonarmoryFront.png

Motif ? Aetherial Not-Craftable (might be in the future)
    Craglorn-celestials-e1401391974470.jpg

Motif ? Kothringi Not-Craftable (might be in the future) (not in game yet)
    eso-kothringi-armor-set.jpg

Motif ? Draugr Not-Craftable (will not be in the future)
    wmUYIE5.png?1

Motif ? Dark Seducer Not-Craftable (will not be in the future) (can be worn as costume)
    latest?cb=20140904014203

Motif ? Golden Saint Not-Craftable (will not be in the future) (can be worn as costume)
    eso-golden-saint-costume-vr-2.jpg

Motif ? Lich Not-Craftable (will not be in the future)
    Shroud-of-the-Lich-Male-Front.jpg

Motif ? Hircine? Not-Craftable (will not be in the future)
    saviors.jpg

Forget the Bogatyr question damn fine work putting it all together...those EP styles are epic!!!

No problem. I don't know why I was motivated to spend an hour making that, but yeah... it's there now for easy reference!

I've favorited this thread as well, so I can always access it now when crafting armor lol.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »

You can definitely make it work if you want to. A Stamina Dragonknight wielding a Two Handed weapon is my recommendation. Remember that any metal can be dyed silver and any leather/cloth dyed brown.

You can make almost any character. There is plenty to work with!
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there's no typical slavic armor and helmets. :(

But during planemeld and (maybe) dragon break, a denizen of another fantasy world might've ended up in Coldharbour. :p

If I end up making a Bogatyr alt, would that be the most plausible background for him story-wise, or is there actually a land on Tamriel that's more or less synonymous with Rus that he could be from? :o
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius

Great work, but you have thieves guild and outlaw styles swapped :3
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »
    @Doncellius

Great work, but you have thieves guild and outlaw styles swapped :3

Fixed. Thank you for that! Those two motifs always get me mixed up lol.