Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Kuta Drops

Parrot1986
Parrot1986
✭✭✭✭✭
What dictates when these can drop?
I've had a Vet 16 character who's maxed out in Enchantment and also skill points in enchanting skill line however only had 1 Kuta sent via hireling in 6 months and never farmed one even though i pick up everything i see.
I've then started a new alt who's Vet 7 and spent 1 skill point in having the first level of hireling and nothing else and running a dungeon in Glenumbra which was Vet 1 I managed to get a Kuta Runstone.
Is Kuta possible at any level regardless of location/skill points spent?

Best Answers

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a random chance. Which is very low. Best way to get Kutas are doing the writs.
    Answer ✓
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your enchanting skill doesn't have any effect. In fact, the first thing I ever harvested in Beta was a kuta. It was so pretty I kept it until VR 1!
    Answer ✓
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG can be really evil.

I have a Bosmer NB who I play daily who has hasn't gathered a Kuta in over a year and a Altmer NB who gets them probably 1/100 Red nodes.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks folks, guess i'll need to do more writs to get these as RNG is not my friend by the looks of it!
  • vicius1981
    vicius1981
    ✭✭✭
    Rng...don't see a single kuta for 2 weeks..last 2 days..bump..10 kuta with my 3 chars(writs and normal found).
    Ps4 EU-
    660 CP Magplar Vamp DC(main)
    660 CP Magblade Vamp EP(Master crafter)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ same for me, nothing for ages then wham. It feels like RNG is on cycles of payout

And OP +1 for Writs
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ drops got nerfed on all gold material, expect crazy prices on everything but D-Wax within the week...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 10% Harvester is worth getting from CP, occasionally you can potentially get two different runes when harvesting them, I've gotten one where it gave me a Ta with a Rekuta as a bonus, another one has given me a Jejota and a bonus Kuta; however, it's not always that way like getting Ta twice with one pick is fairly common.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the daily enchanting writs, they give a Kuta in 1/3 bags. I have 3 chars with maxed enchanting, never had to buy Kuta and have roughly 80 in the bank.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Droprate from writs used to be 4.8/6 untill patch 2 weeks ago. Since then its 1.1/6...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I actually for 5 Kuta out of a heavy sack about 2 weeks ago.........i almost fell out of my chair!
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Ritzey01 wrote: »
    I actually for 5 Kuta out of a heavy sack about 2 weeks ago.........i almost fell out of my chair!

I opened a heavy sack in Cyrodiil the other day and got 10 Kuta. XD
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭

I opened a heavy sack in Cyrodiil the other day and got 10 Kuta. XD

VERY NICE!!
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed 9/10 enchanting writs (returned in craglorn) gives kutas almost every time. For some reason Wrothgar writs give them less often. Same with hirelings.
  • vicius1981
    vicius1981
    ✭✭✭
    My record is 4 kuta on a heavy sack :)
    Ps4 EU-
    660 CP Magplar Vamp DC(main)
    660 CP Magblade Vamp EP(Master crafter)
  • LForce
    LForce
    ✭✭
    Writ drops got nerfed on all gold material, expect crazy prices on everything but D-Wax within the week...

Where did you get this info? Is it changed only for writs or overall drops?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rng is a curse....lol. Been going for about two weeks on all my crafters and everything has seemed to have dried up. Even my hirelings deliver only 3 pieces of cloth, ore etc and nothing else. Haven't seen a kuta, gold temper, glass fragment, psyjic fragment or even a survey in some time now except my enchanter. Funny thing is he is only getting two ta out if his aspect runes from whatever surveys he gets.....ta? Seriously? I have about 2000 of those in the bank. Oh and these are Wrothgar writs too....:/
    Edited by LadyDestiny on April 17, 2016 9:41AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i avg a kuta every other day on writs from 8 characters.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm beginning to wonder if you are right. I have 5 alts that do the writs daily and I have not received a single Tempering Alloy in an entire week. I use to get a least one daily, but not recently. And I've only recieved 1 or 2 Dreugh Wax as well. Normally I would attribute it to just bad RNG, but something sure seems fishy.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done ok with Kuta drops from writs and an occaional kuta in the survey! I would like to ban the ta from surveys though. I have so many they roll around like marbles at the bottom of a toy chect.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night got 2 Kutas in a survey and one more in the writ reward. Jackpot! ;)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'd likely see more Kuta from nodes if everyone started picking up all the Ta instead of passing them by. Sure, few players want the Ta, but if there are more nodes spawning, there should also be more Kuta too. Not that I care....I have more than I need and the scarcity allows me to sell the occasional Kuta for a fat profit. Carry on, and leave the Ta.

And OP, there are no level requirements to find a Kuta, just to use them. I found my first on a starter island, before I had a clue what I had.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • LForce
    LForce
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    We'd likely see more Kuta from nodes if everyone started picking up all the Ta instead of passing them by. Sure, few players want the Ta, but if there are more nodes spawning, there should also be more Kuta too. Not that I care....I have more than I need and the scarcity allows me to sell the occasional Kuta for a fat profit. Carry on, and leave the Ta.

And OP, there are no level requirements to find a Kuta, just to use them. I found my first on a starter island, before I had a clue what I had.

Do you farm for it? or just do writs and surveys ?

Any suggestion on where to farm ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LForce wrote: »

I get most of my Kuta's from Writ Rewards. But, I do find them from Farmed Nodes. Every once in a while I get one or two from a Survey.

Thing is, until you make end game gear, the Purples are just fine to use on your Glyphs, Blue even while leveling. It is good to start collecting them early on. I have found about 260 Kuta's since the game released on PC. Sounds like a lot, but before Crafting Writs, I had maybe 60 of them.

Edited by Nestor on April 19, 2016 9:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LForce wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Nestor wrote: »
    I get most of my Kuta's from Writ Rewards. But, I do find them from Farmed Nodes. Every once in a while I get one or two from a Survey.

Thing is, until you make end game gear, the Purples are just fine to use on your Glyphs, Blue even while leveling. It is good to start collecting them early on. I have found about 260 Kuta's since the game released on PC. Sounds like a lot, but before Crafting Writs, I had maybe 60 of them.
    @LForce
    Like Nestor, I have around 250 Kuta accumulated since the game was released. I only use them for max level gear.

I don't farm runes, but I hit every rune node I see as I play the game. Very few yield Kuta, but you never know unless you check. Be sure to pick up Ta, so the node can respawn quickly. That should increase Kuta in game. I used to do writs daily, and got a lot of Kuta from the writ reward. However, I've only gotten Kuta a few times from any Surveys in the writ reward.

If you want to farm, best areas are where there is a high number of rune nodes in a small area. Starter islands, Craglorn, Wrothgar, and Hew's Bane are the best bets.
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 19, 2016 10:01PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When farming nodes, on average every 300th node gives kuta. Because there are three node types, aspect nodes have therefore 1% chance for kuta. Writs rewards are the best source now. Survey maps occasionally drop few extras. Hirelings very little. From following crafters two weeks i got 60% of kutas from writ rewards, 30% from survey maps and 10% from hirelings. Don't trust too much to these statistics. I didn't do farming during that period. Farming might give additional 5%. Don't overlook farming though, because it gives a good stock of other runes for doing writs.

edit: i think i had exceptionally good luck with Kutas from survey maps during the two weeks i recorded each drop. Afterwards it has not been 30% but much lower.
    Edited by helediron on May 3, 2016 1:59PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I highly recommend the crafting writs for all of the gold crafting items. I have 3 (soon to be 4) characters doing all of the writs every day and would say I get at least two, usually more, gold items every day. If you have all of the crafting materials in the bank it only takes 10-15 minutes to fill the writs and deliver them for each character and I do that while being queued in group finder for the Undaunted daily's.

I admit to buying some of the crafting materials I need for the writs, but the money I spend on crafting materials is money well spent when you get over 3500 gold back from each character every day just for writs. Sure beats farming for the raw materials when you only get limited game time each day.

The only hireling I really use is for Enchanting (for runes), especially when the writs also provide you with the crafting 'treasure' maps for plenty of other raw materials.
    Edited by disintegr8 on April 20, 2016 5:36AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    I have done ok with Kuta drops from writs and an occaional kuta in the survey! I would like to ban the ta from surveys though. I have so many they roll around like marbles at the bottom of a toy chect.

I recently sold a stack for 15 gold. Was surprised that someone actually bought them, even at that sarcastic price.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best and only right way to gather kutas is to level 8 master enchanters and do your eight writs a day. 4-5 on a good day one or two every other day. *preens*
    Edited by mistermutiny89 on April 25, 2016 10:07AM
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That happened for my wife a few days ago. I was so jealous...
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!