Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

werewolf is it worth the cost Pros/cons

TimeRanger
TimeRanger
Soul Shriven
I'm new to this game, I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim in the past. I have a baby Nord I am thinking of getting this for (crown store maybe) I have read some guides to become one in game lvl 20-30 ish just wish it was for lower lvls. I've read the skills that come with it. BUT no general info on really playing one.

I have seen discussions on Vampires(gaag...choke) but not really Werewolves I was hoping to get some info.

"The only time a Vampire should sparkle is when there on fire" From Monster Hunters International
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WWs have a solid set of skills and are fun to play. They are kinda weak until leveled up, but then... lots of damage burst on stam toons.

In PvP, you might as well paint a target on you if you wolf out. In PvE there's no real downside except it taking up an ult slot that you won't get to use very often, because the ult is insanely expensive.
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    You can still rock out in PvP if they don't know you're a werewolf.

Werewolf is a blast, it's better to have a stamina toon.
    Edited by AegisWolf on April 12, 2016 7:10PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its worth it definitely!
    First off, you can complete the werewolf quest at level 10 if you get the mammoth or wamasu boss. Some people have done it at lower levels than that, but I can confirm that Lv10 definitely is possible having done it 3 times myself.

Also, I'd recommend checking out this handy werewolf guide video from one of my guildies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNSYy8zM7Q&feature=youtu.be
    A lot of useful info there.

Also just check youtube for some examples of people using werewolf in PvP, might help you decide if its worth it :)

Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • TimeRanger
    TimeRanger
    Soul Shriven
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I think its worth it definitely!
    First off, you can complete the werewolf quest at level 10 if you get the mammoth or wamasu boss. Some people have done it at lower levels than that, but I can confirm that Lv10 definitely is possible having done it 3 times myself.

Also, I'd recommend checking out this handy werewolf guide video from one of my guildies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNSYy8zM7Q&feature=youtu.be
    A lot of useful info there.

Also just check youtube for some examples of people using werewolf in PvP, might help you decide if its worth it :)

Loved this :smiley:
  • TimeRanger
    TimeRanger
    Soul Shriven
    Thxs everyone for the info :smiley:
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I did mine at level 6 so it is possible to do at lower levels it just takes a bit of time and luck I guess.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    TimeRanger wrote: »
    I'm new to this game, I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim in the past. I have a baby Nord I am thinking of getting this for (crown store maybe) I have read some guides to become one in game lvl 20-30 ish just wish it was for lower lvls. I've read the skills that come with it. BUT no general info on really playing one.

I have seen discussions on Vampires(gaag...choke) but not really Werewolves I was hoping to get some info.

"The only time a Vampire should sparkle is when there on fire" From Monster Hunters International

If your PS4 EU DC and can wait a couple of days I'll bite you, free.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my characters are werewolves, but that's mostly because I loved the Companions storyline in Skyrim, so I wanted to get lycanthropy for nostalgia reasons.

For stamina builds (especially ones focused on high weapon damage and weapon crit) werewolf can be really powerful. You can very seriously wreck face. For magicka builds and hybrid builds, going into werewolf form will result in you being less effective than when you're in human (or elf, or whatever) form, so it's really not worth it for those characters.

If you're doing a lot of group play (group dungeons etc), there are a couple of things to consider before wolfing out. If you're a tank, you won't be able to taunt when you're in werewolf form, so it can really screw up a fight. I've also found that when I'm in werewolf form I can't resurrect other group members - I can only devour them. Naturally devouring your fallen allies rather than resurrecting them doesn't really help your group to avoid wiping on a tough fight...

Still, with a stamina build, being a werewolf can be really really fun.

Also, I haven't watched the guide that @Glaiceana posted above (I'm at work so I can't really watch videos) so I don't know if it covers this, but when you do the quest that turns you into a werewolf, you can level your werewolf skill line to max level before leaving the quest instance. While you're in the quest instance you'll be in werewolf form indefinitely, so you can run around killing the mobs in there as they respawn. You only advance your werewolf skill line by getting kills while in werewolf form, so this lets you level it much faster than building your ultimate, using your ultimate and then trying to get as many kills as you can before transforming back, only to have to do the whole process over again. Mind you, I haven't done this in a long time, so it's possible they've changed this and you can no longer stay in the instance doing this indefinitely.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • prax07
    prax07
    ✭✭
    What are the best class/races to make a werewolf on? Thinking of creating a secondary character built specifically for becoming a werewolf on.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prax07 for almost any stam build, but especially WWs redgourd is the strongest choice.
    The classes however have not that much influence on the dog themselves. The only passives applying to WW are straight stat boosts, so NB or templar would probably be your best bet. For pure WW fun prolly templar, since they get some % wep damage (at least i think they still do).
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the number of skill points you must invest in werewolf to make it effective (compared to 2 skill points for any other morphed ultimate) they aren't tremendously good value, as at low levels you may need those skill points for non werewolf game play, and at high levels you may want something more complimentary to your non werewolf game play.

But my main is a bosmer stamina nb, and I love being a werewolf because it offers a totally different way to dps from my bow/2 hander bars. It's main use is that it makes solo pve much more interesting than hammering out the same old rotations!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • prax07
    prax07
    ✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    @prax07 for almost any stam build, but especially WWs redgourd is the strongest choice.
    The classes however have not that much influence on the dog themselves. The only passives applying to WW are straight stat boosts, so NB or templar would probably be your best bet. For pure WW fun prolly templar, since they get some % wep damage (at least i think they still do).
    So a redguard templar, I'll try it. Now to search out a decent build guide since all I know is sorcerer based lol