Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Of Lowborns and Beasts in the Dominion

BlissfulDeluge
BlissfulDeluge
✭✭✭✭✭
by High Elf Supremacy

Having spent all of my lifetime in the Summerset Isles, I have only just actually seen real Beast mer, or Betmer, as they're called, in the flesh. What has caused this, you ask? Why, only following the founding of the Dominion being approved by the Thalmor, did flocks of these lowborns start coming to our fair island of Auridon. Therefore, I feel a necessity to educate everyone on these new citizens and their behaviors.

First of all, we need to be aware what distinguishes a noble Altmer from a lowborn Betmer. Altmer, or High Elves as some of us call ourselves, are the descendants of the Ayleids, who actually descended from the Aedra. That is right, the High Elves have holy blood in our veins! Unlike Altmer, however, Betmer are the creations of the Aedra. Sentient beasts acting on instinct rather than intelligence, made by the Aedra to work under us and feed us.

In the Dominion, we have two official races of lowborns, although only one qualifies as Betmer. The Bosmer, or Wood Elves, are not beastly as much as they are.... unfortunate mutations. These mer decided to leave our Summerset Isles, heading for the mainland, where they became short abominations. While they have developed keen hunting skills, they have also adopted barbaric traditions, like living in tree homes and displaying cannibalistic behaviors.

The other race, which is actually a Betmer, is the Khajiit, known as the cat-man. The cat-man, developed from cats that were given as pets to the Altmer by the Aedra, only acts on feral instinct. While some are able to develop speech to a comprehensible level, most remain backwards, drug-addicted animals. The cat-man, born into being a degenerate for their entire life, usually ends up as a lying, scamming "trader", working for the so-called Baandari or some other crime syndicate. Indeed, for the cat-man, getting a legal job is considered quite the accomplishment. I urge all readers to guard their money pouches when near these monsters, for though they may seem friendly, a Khajiit only acts on selfish desires.

I wish all readers good luck in their travels, and I hope you have learned something from my book, 'Of Lowborns and Beasts in the Dominion'.
Edited by BlissfulDeluge on April 11, 2016 6:31AM
Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it considered socially unacceptable to pull a catman's tail? Also, are all cat-folk male? Would cat-woman be the appropriate salutation to a khajiit of the female persuasion?
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it considered socially unacceptable to pull a catman's tail? Also, are all cat-folk male? Would cat-woman be the appropriate salutation to a khajiit of the female persuasion?

Thank you for your questions! Being that I am an expert in Lowbornology, or "Studies of Altmer Privilege", as Ayrenn ordered to have it renamed to, from the Skywatch College, it is only right that I answer these questions.

Q: Is it considered socially unacceptable to pull a catman's tail?

A: No. As discussed in my book, cat-men are on the same level as animals, acting on instinct. The idea of social interaction outside of their own feral kin is incomprehensible to them and so, they are unable to interact with us superior mer on an intellectual social level. However, pulling the cat-man's tail will most likely cause a violent reaction, as is their barbaric nature.

Q: Also, are all cat-folk male? Would cat-woman be the appropriate salutation to a khajiit of the female persuasion?

A: Absolutely not. Even the cat-men have females, whom while they make even less competent soldiers than their already expectedly incompetent male counterparts, make even more devious thieves and criminals. When speaking of cat-men, we talk about their lowborn race as a whole. It is up to the individual superior being to decide for themselves how they wish to address lowborns (if at all), though I personally use cat-men for both their males and females.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I congratulate you on your superior ability to stomach these lower life forms long enough to increase the already unequaled Altmer libraries through your unprecedented writings.

Perharps our knowledge will be that we never again have to interact with such cretins. Thank you for furthering such an illustrious goal.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 12, 2016 6:38PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I congratulate you on your superior ability to stomach these lower life forms long enough to increase the already unequaled Altmer libraries through your unprecedented writings.

Perharps our knowledge will be that we never again have to interact with such cretins. Thank you for furthering such an illustrious goal.

I've said many times before, this pitiful attempt at an "alliance" by Queen Aldmeri is just sad. I take great comfort in that it will be even greater by the Fourth Era, a time by which I believe the lowborns will have learned their place in this world.

Maybe one day, the waste known as cat-men will be thrown away for good.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said many times before, this pitiful attempt at an "alliance" by Queen Aldmeri is just sad. I take great comfort in that it will be even greater by the Fourth Era, a time by which I believe the lowborns will have learned their place in this world.

Maybe one day, the waste known as cat-men will be thrown away for good.

The dominion is a fine idea. It provides the proper contrast to allow our intrinsic superiority shine through. Also, cat-folk make great front line troops to cross the Alessia bridge first, forcing the Pact archers to waste their arrow vollies. That is, when the drunk nords can hit anything at all.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dominion is a fine idea. It provides the proper contrast to allow our intrinsic superiority shine through. Also, cat-folk make great front line troops to cross the Alessia bridge first, forcing the Pact archers to waste their arrow vollies. That is, when the drunk nords can hit anything at all.
    I'd be surprised to see them able to handle a bow at all. I would write another more elaborate edition of my book regarding the Pact alliance's lowborns (in fact I will). Though generally Nords just pick up the biggest piece of metal or junk they can find and swing it around like a two-handed sword. As you said they rarely hit anything though, even at close range.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nords only recently learned the use of the bow. They were taught by the dark elves, our in-bred backwater cousins.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nords only recently learned the use of the bow. They were taught by the dark elves, our in-bred backwater cousins.

It baffles me that those drunken mead-heads can learn anything at all.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, Heh, who's going to teach you stiff upper ears how to have a good time? Just remember how great an afterlife Sovngarde is compared to your high & mighty drivel about whatever. Shalidor chuckles at your majicka hubris.

You're just angry that your poncy table etiquette requires you to constantly fill my mead horn when you sit to my right. Your arm probably gets tired quickly because its not your "staff" hand.

We Nords seize life and live it... Altmer study it from their laboringtories afraid to get mud on their slippers.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on April 15, 2016 3:51PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, Heh, who's going to teach you stiff upper ears how to have a good time? Just remember how great an afterlife Sovngarde is compared to your high & mighty drivel about whatever. Shalidor chuckles at your majicka hubris.

You're just angry that your poncy table etiquette requires you to constantly fill my mead horn when you sit to my right. Your arm probably gets tired quickly because its not your "staff" hand.

We Nords seize life and live it... Altmer study it from their laboringtories afraid to get mud on their slippers.

Ah, the ignorance of Nords never ceases to amuse.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The feeling is mutual. The uptight rigidness of the Old Mary Dominion is an endless source of entertainment for all of Tamriel. You call us ignorant but fail to understand our culture. It's OK, believe it or not, we didn't make it for you to judge.

Ever hear the bawdy skalds sing of your queen's very small tracts of land? (BTW I didn't capitalize her title on purpose just to make your ears twitch with anger) Great song, although forum rules prevent me from using the adjectives to describe her here.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever hear the bawdy skalds sing of your queen's very small tracts of land? (BTW I didn't capitalize her title on purpose just to make your ears twitch with anger) Great song, although forum rules prevent me from using the adjectives to describe her here.

Nords posess musical talent? I highly doubt it, but I will take that statement into account in writing my next book, 'Of Lowborns and Beasts in the Pact'.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry m9, Imperials are the dominant force in Tamriel, and this will never change. You know who wins the Three Banners war right? :wink:
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see when I look at Elves and Elf lovers are hides waiting to be skinned. I will dye yours yellow and wear it as a cloak.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Sorry m9, Imperials are the dominant force in Tamriel, and this will never change. You know who wins the Three Banners war right? :wink:

None of them, but the Thalmor will rise again, Khajiit-free as it's supposed to be.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    All I see when I look at Elves and Elf lovers are hides waiting to be skinned. I will dye yours yellow and wear it as a cloak.

Behold; the violent lowborn-lover displaying their vile ways.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing vile here is your Mer pride.I would love nothing more than to capture all elves who fight in this war and round off the tips off their ears and send them back home to their hives. The greatest satisfaction achievable comes from knowing that every time those beasts would see their reflection they would see the reflection of the men who took away their Mer pride. The offspring that you curse this world with would laugh at you and years from now even after you lose this war you will never be able to escape the dishonor.

I'd also love to hear you ramble on about lowborn's in the Covenant and the elven propoganda you push out about Bretons being related to Elves. Nothing puts a grin on my face like a delusional self serving elf.

Remember folks the only good elf is a dead elf.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing vile here is your Mer pride.I would love nothing more than to capture all elves who fight in this war and round off the tips off their ears and send them back home to their hives. The greatest satisfaction achievable comes from knowing that every time those beasts would see their reflection they would see the reflection of the men who took away their Mer pride. The offspring that you curse this world with would laugh at you and years from now even after you lose this war you will never be able to escape the dishonor.

I'd also love to hear you ramble on about lowborn's in the Covenant and the elven propoganda you push out about Bretons being related to Elves. Nothing puts a grin on my face like a delusional self serving elf.

Now we can see the Betmer acting rather aggressive, protecting its pride with threatening behavior. This is proof that their kind is, in a majority of cases, unable to adapt to Elven society, as they would sooner attempt to kill us, as is their nature, than find work in service of the community.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we can see the Betmer acting rather aggressive, protecting its pride with threatening behavior. This is proof that their kind is, in a majority of cases, unable to adapt to Elven society, as they would sooner attempt to kill us, as is their nature, than find work in service of the community.

Community? What you have is an infestation. Tell your fellow scum whatever pleases their ears, that won't stop the extermination.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Community? What you have is an infestation. Tell your fellow scum whatever pleases their ears, that won't stop the extermination.

Hah. This so-called "extinction" you want won't come for many eras, if at all. No, Altmer are here to stay and rule over the lessers, as dictated by the Aedra.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hah. This so-called "extinction" you want won't come for many eras, if at all. No, Altmer are here to stay and rule over the lessers, as dictated by the Aedra.

You're extinction will happen as soon as I catch you in Cyrodiil, Elf.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're extinction will happen as soon as I catch you in Cyrodiil, Elf.
    Haha. I accept your challenge, worm.