Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hero Costume

Llilium
Llilium
✭✭✭
so, somehow i missed out on the Nord Hero costume, which is probably the most aggravating thing ever because from day 1 i was hoping to be able to craft that armor set or something at some point. its not even like i wasn't playing at the time, I just somehow never knew it was in the crown store.

is there any possibility of this costume being in a future special or am i pretty much screwed? could ESO another limited release all of them at the end of the Hero Breton's limited release so i can get another chance?
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've put other limited items back on the Crown Store before, like the Black Senche-Panther mount, so it's possible.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. until they decide to put it in the store again.

Maybe they will put all three in the store when the set is complete so that that people can catch up. I would not count on it.

However, you might be fortunate for missing them. It depends on whether you want your armor to look good, or be good.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It will be back in the Crown Store someday.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of MMOs. Exclusives and limited time offers will be offered again to squelch as much out of you with the least effort.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The items are Limited Time Only so to drive up demand. Theyll be back. If you cant be bothered to play the game every month to keep up with the big billboard they flash when you log in. Theres a monthly Crown Store overview posted at the end of every month.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    They've put other limited items back on the Crown Store before, like the Black Senche-Panther mount, so it's possible.

Last time they did that a lot of people were angry because it apparently made it less special since more people had the opportunity to get it again.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably be back some day. Patience my friend.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items are Limited Time Only so to drive up demand. Theyll be back. If you cant be bothered to play the game every month to keep up with the big billboard they flash when you log in. Theres a monthly Crown Store overview posted at the end of every month.

Actually, the on screen crown store notification page was added after the Nord Hero costume. So you could have been logging in every day it was available and not known, if you hadn't been checking the crown store, or going to the site and checking the crown store updates (which take a little bit of work to find).
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Argonian Hero costume from being in closed beta and I'm afraid you'll never get that one, either. I think it's unfair.

Of course it's little, naked and woody and will not suit everyone's palette.

latest?cb=20131112055503
    Edited by runagate on April 10, 2016 7:06PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should bring it back someday so new comers wont feel themsleves left out
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    They should bring it back someday so new comers wont feel themsleves left out

They will.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the party ends at 3 and you show up at 2:30, that's on you.
    signing off
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I love the game and everyone in it, this invented scarcity in a digital economy is complete crap and I can't believe they're still going for it. Shame on whoever is continuing to make that decision.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Amos
    Amos
    ✭✭
    As much as i want to support the OP and wish for you that they will bring back the costumes and armors that you want if missed i am also torn between the actual meaning and use of the word limited lol.

I hate it when people (companies) put up a "limited" something or other but then it's either produced in bulk for a short period or it is re-released which defeat the meaning of the word limited/special or what have you. I want my limited stuff to be exactly that, bloody rare and hard to come by, something special that only a lucky few have.

Still i hope you get what you want some day because i know that if i missed out on something i was dying for i would love to have that hope for future aquisition.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP

Don't worry man, you missed nothing significant. Both the Nord and Altmer hero costumes make your characters weirdly shaped. Like my toons turn into quaterbacks with them on (in preview cos I didnt get them). + the altmer one makes my C boobs turn into double Ds + has a god-awful hood. So I wouldnt worry too much about it..
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyre ugly and missing capes
    Look like poop from behind
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Llilium wrote: »
    so, somehow i missed out on the Nord Hero costume, which is probably the most aggravating thing ever because from day 1 i was hoping to be able to craft that armor set or something at some point. its not even like i wasn't playing at the time, I just somehow never knew it was in the crown store.

is there any possibility of this costume being in a future special or am i pretty much screwed? could ESO another limited release all of them at the end of the Hero Breton's limited release so i can get another chance?

I would be very surprised if they don't release all three hero costumes as a "bundle" in the near future. You may have to pay more to get the one you want, since you'll be buying all 3, but I'll eat my shorts if they don't do it in the next 6 months or so.
  • PittClass94
    PittClass94
    ✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    Llilium wrote: »

I would be very surprised if they don't release all three hero costumes as a "bundle" in the near future. You may have to pay more to get the one you want, since you'll be buying all 3, but I'll eat my shorts if they don't do it in the next 6 months or so.

I missed out too...I had to take exams for the university and could not use the PlayStation..
    I have been waiting this armor from the day one... I hope you're right
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    @OP

Don't worry man, you missed nothing significant. Both the Nord and Altmer hero costumes make your characters weirdly shaped. Like my toons turn into quaterbacks with them on (in preview cos I didnt get them). + the altmer one makes my C boobs turn into double Ds + has a god-awful hood. So I wouldnt worry too much about it..

Exactly.that is why I did not buy it as well. it is messing with our shapes in a very bad way.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Vangy wrote: »
    @OP

Exactly.that is why I did not buy it as well. it is messing with our shapes in a very bad way.

Yeah, once I got a screen capture of the Elven Hero costume and got it into Photoshop to compare it to the base character in underwear, it became very clear that I should not buy this thing.

The rib cage is wider across the chest than my base character for the type of armor that it depicts. Anatomically, the female rib cage is narrower and more vertical than the male, which tends to be wider at the top and more rounded. I also noticed that the breathing animation is way exaggerated, which makes getting good screen shots for comparison really challenging. (EDIT: This animation also emphasizes the larger chest by making it even larger.)

It is common for the ZOS meshes to push out the breast bone, front to back. This tends to make the female anatomical features appear to be more spread apart and less well defined, compared to the base underwear. The new thing in the Elven Hero (at least for me) is that the rib cage is also pushed up significantly above the breast bone. Not sure why they did that.

I am thinking that this armor costume should be in the "polymorph" section and should change our appearance to look just like the female elf from the video. Then they can mess around with body shape all they want.

I was prepping some images to submit to ZOS, but then I woke up and realized I was on going to be spending more time showing them what was wrong than they were going to spend deciding not to fix stuff. I figure these things will be a perpetual "we know about it, but no ETA on any fix". In a couple years, they will realize it is too expensive to fix because of all the costumes and armor that use these.

The good news is that now I have a Photoshop template that I can use from Crown Store screen captures to determine whether I should buy a costume.

Edited by Elsonso on April 11, 2016 2:19PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus