Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which vampires give the infection?

prax07
prax07
✭✭
Been searching the rift every time night falls the past week and have never seen any vamp spawns until just now. One of those random blue poofs struck right in front of me, and instead of the usual daedra it spawned several vampires, noticed one was a vamp frost mage. Fought them till I died, but not gotten any infection from them. Hurried back but they had despawned. Do I need to find specific spawns to get infected?
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get bit by a player. The coolest players will do it for free. Or, you can pay a player to bite you.

Or spend 1500 crowns to get it fast.

I don't recommend the crown route. Save your real world money for something worth it.
    What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
  • prax07
    prax07
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've got a post on the xbox vamp/ww thread, not had any luck with that though. That's why I've been riding rings around the rift hoping to get lucky. The way it's been going though I may have to go buy crowns and just buy it already.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to look for a group of Bloodfiends, they spawn in several locations but aren't always there. Let them attack you and you should get it. I found some in Reapers March. Other npc vampires which always spawn are no good. Or get it from a player, what platform are you on?
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prax07 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got a post on the xbox vamp/ww thread, not had any luck with that though. That's why I've been riding rings around the rift hoping to get lucky. The way it's been going though I may have to go buy crowns and just buy it already.

don't spend crowns just go AFK at the shrine.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read the NPC Vamps / WW are only out at certain lunar cycles. Like full moon = WW etc. Not done it yet but look up online there will be a system!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • prax07
    prax07
    ✭✭
    Trust me, looked up all the info on it that I could find. Some articles say lunar cycle matters, others say it doesn't, some say random spawns in the rift infect, some say they don't. Everything is pretty contradictory.

Luckily though I camped out again at the shrine and got turned this morning. Huge, Huge, Huge Thanks to the player that turned me!
    Edited by prax07 on April 11, 2016 4:00PM