Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
Is eidetic memory where you read a book and then advance one of your skills by one point?
I am asking because of the addon Lorebooks, is in the process of showing the locations of Eidetic Memory books. I am not showing them.
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Eidetic memory is a page in the journal section (lore) where you may go back and read any written material you found in the game. Pre-Eidetic memory you get a popup message "You have found a Lorebook" only for Lorebooks shown in the Lorebooks addon. These go toward increasing your Mages Guild rank. Post-Eidetic memory you get this message for everything you read, but only true "Lorebooks" count toward you Mages guild rank. Though, by the time you get Eidetic memory, you should basically be maxed out in the Mages guild line anyway.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Eidetic Memory is split into different categories. There is one category called "Skill Books", which is a collection of all the books in the game that advances your skills by one point. I believe there are 83 of these books in the category and also 9 odd books from other categories that advance your skills. But don't get confused, because there are many other categories which document all the books/notes in the game, so only the ones I mentioned before advance your skill-lines.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those books that advance you by a skill point are randomly found in bookshelves along with other regular books.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you think of is Shalidor,s library. Eidetic memory is a bugged list of all non-lorebooks that Zos need to fix :)
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Librarian addon. That way you don't need to wait to get Eidetic Memory.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team