Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding PvP Gear Versus Gear obtained via PvE

Banetek
Banetek
✭✭✭
I know now that players stack a certain stat for pvp but am I able to stack the same stat and get that gear via PvE? Looking to get a decent set of gear entering the pvp areas so I don't just become insta cannon fodder while trying to earn pvp gear.

thanks in advance!!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafted gear offers some good options for pvp, so I'd go with that for the beginning. You could also buy some of the pvp sets from other players as they are all tradable, but it would be quite expensive to buy a full set of e.g. vicious death, just to try out pvp.
    No matter what armour you are going to use, prepare for dying a lot in the beginning. It takes some time to learn to recognize enemy playstyles and to counter them.
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I just redubbed !!! I am going to hit top vr rank before getting into it and saving my gold!!
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, good gear and all the trappings are not the be all and end all in pvp. A VR16 in full gold gear with all the champion points going, will still die to a decent zerg.All the gear does is delay the inevitable for a short time.
    Instead, I would focus on learning the mechanics of Cyrodil and finding a decent pvp guild in your respective alliance.
    Once you've done both, then i would look into gear combos that will match your particular play style for PVP in Cryodil

This my friend, is what I would recommend, just my two cents.
    Cheers!

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Hawco.

Gear does help a lot but there's no still substitute for PvP experience. A lot of people (I'm not suggesting you do, just those I've crafted for) seem to think that just because the have the most optimum sets that they'll instantly become good at PvP. Thankfully it doesn't work this way and they'll likely keep dying over and over to players numerous levels below them, simply because they're more skilled and have more experience.

If you're going to DPS and have limited traits researched I suggest going with the below crafted sets:
    • Stamina = 5x Night's Silence & the rest Ashen Grip
    • Magicka = 5x Magnus & the rest Seducer (that's if you're NOT duel wielding, vice versa if you are)

Alternatively, you could just go to the relevant crafting stations for the sets/pieces that you want but can't craft with the required materials and politely message people asking them to create. This is what I did in my earlier crafting days.

Final bit of advice: whilst zerging may be fun and easy AP you'll learn very little from just sending ranged spammable attacks. I recommend either:
    1. Following these around and staying on the outskirts as there's always smaller battles
    2. Sitting patiently in stealth and waiting for a single enemy to ride past. Hit them with an attack to knock them off their horse and do a little jump when they've seen you (I've always done to signify that I want a fair fight) so they have time to buff up before the fight begins.

Win or lose miserably: it doesn't matter. It's all about improving.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some very good sound advice up above.

It is imperative that you understand that when you get into PVP you will be lucky if you end up doing half the damage you do in PVE....

Read the forums and get to understand the mechanics at work in cyrodiil...

You may also want to read some of the guides in the guides section of the forums and more in particular this one by @deanthecat - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172558/surviving-cyrodiil-how-to-hopefully-die-less-often/p1
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)