Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ZOS, We need to talk about Dominion Motif

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
Aside from Dominion Shoulders, most shoulders don't fit with the Dominion Jerkin/Robe.

Hm379cT.jpg
irDY97K.jpg
GpiVdzG.jpg
0u9XCZU.jpg
o1A0jzo.jpg
zEGCjNK.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno (or any Zenimax Support Member), This Dominion Light Chest (Jerkin/Robe) is larger than Jerkins/Robes from other styles. Those shoulders should "adapt' themselves to this particular Jerkin/Robe, due to the said issue. Could you please take a look at it? The fact that almost every shoulder style don't fit with it is really frustrating, since the Dominion motif itself is indeed very cool.
Edited by CaptainVenom on April 9, 2016 1:25AM
🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Batman!
    /wave

Does the Dominion belt look like a Utility Belt?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what you're going for is "captain america".
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment clipping has plagued this game for awhile. But that one is pretty bad since shoulders can't be hidden.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have never seen things like this happen in game before.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I think what you're going for is "captain america".

1397738607-mayyybe.gif

Well, in any case, I tried equipping more shoulders styles (light/heavy) and still have the same issue for most of them. Even Dominion Shoulders (light) look somewhat bad with this light chest.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on April 10, 2016 6:36PM
    🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue with the Trinimac style Light Robe (among others). Considering it is happening with mostly the newer styles coming out, chances are ZOS knows and isn't too concerned about it.

Believe me, all of the new styles look really cool, but I have noticed the way ZOS operates on these issues way too many times to get hopeful about any sort of fix.

Their process seems to be: Push out content, say you will "fix it", then put that "fix" on the backburner and never actually fix it (or wait 1+ years to do so). It doesn't affect gameplay so you have a slim chance of it really being addressed. This is a recurring pattern with most issues involving bugs in ESO.

For example, I still consistently see the 2D pop-up versions of trees in Wrothgar spawn all around me when entering that zone. Reported it w/ video along with tons of other people. Guarantee it'll never be fixed. Ever.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 10, 2016 10:04PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS decided to cut corners with the new motifs. They are cheaply implemented and not tested. Anyone thinking of making a new set, be careful. I suggest you make first a lower level test set before spending all the mats for full vr16. They have multiple issues, especially for female toons or if mixing types or styles.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    ZOS decided to cut corners with the new motifs. They are cheaply implemented and not tested. Anyone thinking of making a new set, be careful. I suggest you make first a lower level test set before spending all the mats for full vr16. They have multiple issues, especially for female toons or if mixing types or styles.

That's really bad. Hope a support member take a look at this issue.

I'm doing more researches for my twice-born set so I can test with new shoulder types and styles. Hope I find a style that actually fits with this dominion chest...
    🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people, especially women, have cancelled their subs over this issue. ZOS is now saying that their admitted cost cutting measures resulted in horrible and unnatural looks that weren't intended, because money is on the line.

The problem is that had they actually had ANY real women who cared about the characters they were putting the armor on test the new armor styles BEFORE they were ever finalized, we wouldn't be in this current situation.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. That heavy dominion helm looks sick tho
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    A lot of people, especially women, have cancelled their subs over this issue.

Source ?????
    Of all THREE statements :
    - That many people cancelled their subs
    - That they did it over this particular issue
    - That most of them were women

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is part of the reason I am not really pursuing the Dominion motif. I had experimented with the heavy chest, but couldn't get it to look good with any shoulders. It looked horrible with my engine guardian.
    Playing since beta...
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A comparison between the same female character, wearing heavy helm and chest with the rest medium armor, from ancient elf motif and Dominion motif (in Dominion only belf and trousers are argonian style) - ancien elf is very feminine look in hips, waist, breasts it's a pure woman. Dominion style you can't know if it's a man or woman, even from side view there are no breasts and hips to waist is almost in line. It's more sexually neutral than any style I knew before.

In general the Dominion style model looks very cool, very epic, the same with really huge 2H and Bow weapons, just the armor should look a bit more feminine for females.

sHyEpxl.jpg

zc9CsGB.jpg
    FppvwaA.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on July 24, 2016 8:12PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Issues like this make me not terribly enthusiastic about collecting or using new Motifs. :\ Why bother if I can't use it and look nice (or fearsome or whatever)?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC