The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best place to acquire motifs as of 2016?

netch_a_sketch
netch_a_sketch
✭✭✭✭
Ah, I remember way back when, you could get a bunch of them from just opening chests in Vulkhel guard bank.
It seems that now that isn't the case? I haven't found a single one in my entire playthrough. I understand they were nerfed, but never thought the blue ones would be this rare.
RNGesus not on my side?
  • RaXZon
    RaXZon
    ✭✭
    I found a Racial motif book of the Orcs yesterday when i was on 1 of the sea viper boats and I'm level 13.

But i don't think there is a special spot where racial motifs just fall from the skies.
    Edited by RaXZon on April 8, 2016 10:31AM
    Gamertag: RaXZonz
    Server: Xbox one EU

All aboard the post train to whine city!
    Population: too much....

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was a nerf just the addition of the stolen items mechanic that made their abundance lower.

Try Cyrodiil and other places where trunks, desks etc are not part of item stealing system.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The basic motifs? Guild stores, they're dirt cheap. I wouldn't bother farming them nowadays.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jazzius wrote: »
    Ah, I remember way back when, you could get a bunch of them from just opening chests in Vulkhel guard bank.
    It seems that now that isn't the case? I haven't found a single one in my entire playthrough. I understand they were nerfed, but never thought the blue ones would be this rare.
    RNGesus not on my side?

I found the imperial cyrods motif randomly in a backpack in Auridon the other day. That makes two in about 8 months.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM