The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Quest Broke, Proving The Deed, Fighters Guild

maxxvestros
This is happening for me on NA, Ebonheart. At the part where I'm trying to search the Jofnir's quarters and when you click on his journal it does not Advance the quest, can we get someone to look into this and not give us a copy paste response that doesnt work
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42
  • the_eso_fan
    Also experienced this last night on Xbox. NA, Ebonheart.
    Options
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    My roommate has hit this same issue, and judging from the amount of other players in the house wandering around when he tried it for like the tenth time, it's happening for a lot of players. This was on Xbox one NA Server.

However, in the last patch notes they noted this as a known issue. No idea when they'll fix it of course...
    Options
  • Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've experienced the same thing (NA-XBOX ) , I'm trying to search the Jofnir's quarters and then the quest doesn't advance

I suggest you send a ticket from the xbox maybe they will notice if everyone reports about the bug
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I noticed quite a few players including myself running around Jofnir's house like confused chickens last night. Examining the journal does not progress the quest and it stays stuck on search the quarters.

It's too bad, this was my first playthrough the Fighter's Guild questline too. It's on the backburner now until the bug is ironed out.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on EU Ebonheart, Xbox One.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal
    Same issue for me, I opened a case with Zenimax and they said it's a known issue that they're dealing with. Apparently PC has been patched up but consoles are still suffering for another few weeks.

It's a real bummer as I now can't advance the FG questline without it! I abandoned the quest and logged in/out multiple times to try and get it to budge but it wasn't having it.
    Options
  • leahleming111
    leahleming111
    Soul Shriven
    I have sent 2 reports for Xbox one and still not fixed for over a week now- It's an important part of the quest line, if they cant fix it, can they at least manually forward us to the part where we return to talk to Alif?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a known issue and was fixed in the last patch for PC, which suggests that the fix will be included in the next console patch.

Edited by Enodoc on April 12, 2016 4:28PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's hotfix did nothing, still bugged EP EU Xbox.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    Today's hotfix did nothing, still bugged EP EU Xbox.
    As far as I know, there was no hotfix today.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Any new word on this problem getting fixed anytime soon?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new word on this problem getting fixed anytime soon?
    As I said above, has already been fixed on PC, so I would assume the fix for consoles will be included in the next console incremental patch.
    Options
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Wow so we know where their priorities are. They removed the cake this week with out bringing the servers down and yet they can't fix one mission critical to completing the story line -_-. I'll be playing the division till then.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's got nothing to do with priorities. Fixing a quest bug like this one requires a code change, and a code change can only occur with a patch. Every patch that goes out to consoles must first go through first party certification, which takes a couple of weeks; because of this, there is usually only one patch per month for consoles. Changing an item does not require a code change, so can be done without a patch.
    Options
  • Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Finally , we can advance into the quest !

Fighters Guild
    Proving the Deed: Ebonheart Pact player characters will now be able to properly interact with the backpack.
    Options
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken for me. Abandoned and tried again. No Go.

Please FIX. ;)
    Options
  • JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal
    LordSock wrote: »

Please FIX. ;)

Presuming you're on console as the PC one has been patched already? I'm on PS4 and still broke for me, but there's some maintenance bits happening today so it might be sorted within the next 24 hours.

Failing that, looks like we'll have to wait for the Q2 Dark Brotherhood implementation before it'll be fixed.
    Options
  • the_eso_fan
    So has it worked for anyone on Xbox after the patch?
    Options
  • JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal wrote: »
    LordSock wrote: »

Please FIX. ;)

Presuming you're on console as the PC one has been patched already? I'm on PS4 and still broke for me, but there's some maintenance bits happening today so it might be sorted within the next 24 hours.

Failing that, looks like we'll have to wait for the Q2 Dark Brotherhood implementation before it'll be fixed.

EDIT: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260988/playstation-4-patch-notes-v1-13#latest

Just read the latest patch notes and Proving The Deed is on there to be sorted. Download the patch, abandon the quest and restart it, hopefully it should work. I'm going to give it a test when I'm home tonight!
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it worked for and was able to continue quest. PS4
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Asim.mamdohrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So has it worked for anyone on Xbox after the patch?

Yes ,you should be able to do it ! (NA-EU)
    Options