Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Malacath shields cant be dyed

slumber_sandb16_ESO
slumber_sandb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
As the title says. Shields crafted in the malacath style have no dye slots.

Fix please? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • bigted209
    bigted209
    ✭✭✭
    Made a soul shriven belt the other day, all dye slots had an X in them, thought the same issue would be the case. I tried dying them anyway because I'm stubborn, and it worked. Give it a try, same situation may exist for you...
    Edited by bigted209 on April 1, 2016 10:00AM
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    bigted209 wrote: »
    Made a soul shriven belt the other day, all dye slots had an X in them, thought the same issue would be the case. I tried dying them anyway because I'm stubborn, and it worked. Give it a try, same situation may exist for you...

The shield has no dye slots though, just blank space.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Both Malacath shield and Soul Shriven belt are bugged.
    In PTS the belt was still Breton, and they might have patched it too hastily.
    The malacath shield has no colour, can't be dyed, and it's location relative to hand is quite far.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll fix these issues soon.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed this today; thank Azura for the possibility to convert to Imperial, but would be VERY NICE to convert to any style my character knows...

HINT...HINT... Hammer, HINT....

(And not as a crown store item)

Oh who am I kidding?
  • Gorguzkhalrwb17_ESO
    Just run into this issue with the Malacath style shield, no dye slots at all. April the 1st and this bug is still around? C'mon that's a little ridiculous.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just made this shield and had the same problem. ZOS when are you going to fix this?
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    You can actually dye the malacath shield by using the 'dye all' tool, you just have to apply it to another piece of armor.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just discovered this problem today. I hope this will be fixed this year? Really want to dye my Malacath Shield.
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You shouldn't be rocking that ugly thing any way, get a shiny Trinimac one.
    PC EU
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    You can actually dye the malacath shield by using the 'dye all' tool, you just have to apply it to another piece of armor.

Thanks you so much, this worked perfectly on the Malacath shield. Use the "Dye All" tool.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn should have looked for that treat before

a) malacath shield should be dyeable - why wouldnt it be, makes no sense

b) if you have items that cant be dyed - PLEASE let people know before they waste mats producing a high end item that are now completly wasted