The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Banker Assisstant

TheMachineKiller
TheMachineKiller
✭✭✭
I bought this guy and I already regret it. I thought that we would be able to list things in our guild stores as well. 5000 crowns is way too steep to make him a "half" of a banker.
Vehemence
Solo Extraordinaire
    Miss Machine - AD Wolfskull - DC Ok Cool - DC Wheremigoin - DC
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. You've wasted your money. Sorry mang.
    At 5000 crowns, you best believe I read all the notes about it before even considering the purchase.
    The vendor one doesn't even repair. What a joke.
    Should be free with ESO Plus
    Edited by Eshelmen on March 31, 2016 11:35PM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this guy and I already regret it. I thought that we would be able to list things in our guild stores as well. 5000 crowns is way too steep to make him a "half" of a banker.

So apparently you did not read the forums before buying? This has been discussed for a couple of days already, about how they Merchants don't repair and the Banker doesn't allow Guild Trader access... just an FYI... ALWAYS come to the forums and read before buying something so pricey.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheMachineKiller You could ask for it to be removed from your account and a refund but doubtful you'll get one as they listed their limitations on the site, stranger things have happened I guess.
    I wonder how mony others have been caught out, you can't be the only one I'm sure.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I find this terribly humorous. If ZOS had implemented Assistants as consumables (as I suggested a year ago...) This wouldn't be a problem. TheMachineKiller would just shrug and say "oh, I guess I won't be buying those again", instead of the headache he is going to have to go through to get a refund.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 1, 2016 12:26AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And,the Fence doesnt do laundry,nor clear bounties.
    And the point of having the fence would be to get rid of things once you get a bounty,but,what if you have things you need to launder,for certain quests in the Thieve's Guild.There is one,or two.The Covetous Countess.She wants clean items.
    And another one where you need to make sure all traces of illegal ownership is erased.
    Edited by Volkodav on April 1, 2016 12:29AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tythis is a banker that can be summoned whenever you or your group members need him to hold onto items or gold through your personal bank."

Reading this, makes me think it's only accessing your own bank and NOT the guild bank/guild store. Therefore, L2Read
    Edited by Qyrk on April 1, 2016 1:02AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    "Tythis is a banker that can be summoned whenever you or your group members need him to hold onto items or gold through your personal bank."

Reading this, makes me think it's only accessing your own bank and NOT the guild bank. Therefore, L2Read

Where did you read this? :

And,..you said this:
    "Reading this, makes me think it's only accessing your own bank and NOT the guild bank. Therefore, L2Read"

Well,..you CANT access the guild bank.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Reading this, makes me think it's only accessing your own bank and NOT the guild bank. Therefore, L2Read

And,..you said this:
    "Reading this, makes me think it's only accessing your own bank and NOT the guild bank. Therefore, L2Read"

@Volkodav
    You should look at the crown store news section.

That is exactly right, ZOS didn't advertise that guild bank or guild store will be accessed through this banker, only "your personal bank", therefore OP should've been more informed (i.e. he should've read the news before commiting) if he wanted to buy this for having FULL access with everything (which it currently isn't).
    Edited by Qyrk on April 1, 2016 1:15AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

And,..you said this:

@Volkodav
    You should look at the crown store news section.

That is exactly right, ZOS didn't advertise that guild bank or guild store will be accessed through this banker, only "your personal bank", therefore OP should've been more informed (i.e. he should've read the news before commiting) if he wanted to buy this for having FULL access with everything (which it currently isn't).

Oh,..I agree with you 100%.my friend.I wasnt agreeing with the OP.I was commenting on the person's reply to it.Trying to figure out what they were saying,..exactly.
    Edited by Volkodav on April 1, 2016 1:18AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From my own perspective, i don't have a problem with the assistants being "half" of the full functions. The free smuggler is proving quite useful to me even with the 35% skim. The banker and merchant would be very useful to me too.

However, even though i think i am likely one of their target audiences, i spent a lot thru crown store in the last year and even month, the current price is too high for me GIVEN the reduced functionality. if they were fully capable... might buy them. if they were half the current price and still half-functions... might buy them. Most likely would, i got no illusions there.

But the combo of reduced utility AND high price tag... not in my future until at some point they get at best half price.

Funny thing is, a friend and i were discussing this the day before they released price over dinner. I think we both came down on "1000, 1500 maybe 200 at most. Wont pay higher" for each of the assistants. Now, after the 5k sticker shock, I realize i am now considering 2500 a possible purchase. So, dont know if thats part of the calculus or not, but that is why its still "maybe" at half the price.

Not a complaint per se, just a statement of preference. It is currently priced out of my "willing to pay" zone even though the pay is something I would not hesitate to expend for something more substantial.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The statement on the crown store is not clear enough. Until they fix it they will continue to have these refund requests.