The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Name templates above players head.

Fra
Fra
Soul Shriven
I know this discussion has been brought up before. But thought I had read somewhere that developers where going to be putting this in game upon the release of the Theives guild? Anyone know if this is happening anytime in the near future?
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope not.I like being able to point my mouse on someone if I want to know their name. People bouncing around with big nametags above their heads would remind me of WoW too much.Plus,in a bank it would be hard to find the banker through all those nametags.
  • TortUred_mAlice
    I too would like to know this, although I didn't hear that it was coming with the Thieves Guild (or Dark Brotherhood for that matter)...
    H,M,L - M,S - D,S,T,N
    H,M,L - M,S - D,S,T,N
  • Xandyaffonso
    It could be a choice on the options. I would not turn it on, but some people may. I don't know if it actually has the option, but you could check.
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I hope not.I like being able to point my mouse on someone if I want to know their name. People bouncing around with big nametags above their heads would remind me of WoW too much.Plus,in a bank it would be hard to find the banker through all those nametags.

They said it would be optional.
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    I know that they have talked about it but don't know when they will make it happen.
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    Here it is:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead
    In the DLC and Update plan section.
    I think they talked about it in one of the ESO Live shows and that's where I heard about being optional.
    Edited by Marcosyn11 on March 31, 2016 11:14PM
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcosyn11 wrote: »

You mean,I could turn them off then? That wouldnt be bad. :)
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭

Yes :) I think it will be off by default. :)
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes :) I think it will be off by default. :)

I have absolutely no problem with it then. :)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are making name plates for console players, but we pc players might be able to use them as well.
    I won't really use them though.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    They are making name plates for console players, but we pc players might be able to use them as well.

Me neither. It makes the UI too damn ugly.
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I'd never use them. I know that some people have been wanting them since PC launch, though, so I've got no problem with them being added as an optional thing. Although I suppose they should always be turned off for enemy players in PVP, as otherwise they could help you to notice people who are trying to be sneaky - especially if the name is long enough for the nameplate to show around a corner when the character doesn't.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Fra
    Fra
    Soul Shriven
    Think I'd like the option to be able to turn off and on as well. Prob would b best if the option couldn't be turned on in pvp though. I think it could be very helpful in a social aspect.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want to see nameplates without highlighting them, I just want to see our custom character names instead of stupid gamertags.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's being worked on as a feature according to the year ahead speech.

For those against it, it's on or off....another standard MMO feature that ESO is catching up on.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Agreed. I'd never use them. I know that some people have been wanting them since PC launch, though, so I've got no problem with them being added as an optional thing. Although I suppose they should always be turned off for enemy players in PVP, as otherwise they could help you to notice people who are trying to be sneaky - especially if the name is long enough for the nameplate to show around a corner when the character doesn't.

Ahahaha! I can just see that now. LOL!
  • Fra
    Fra
    Soul Shriven
    Seen a few pictures in early beta where they apparently had them? It didn't look to obnoxious.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want options to create our own title... having "Master Wizard" or "Fighters Guild Victor", etc... is so lame and limits personal expression. Either add more selectable titles or allow us to create our own... another "coming to a Crown Store near you" item. ;)
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I want options to create our own title... having "Master Wizard" or "Fighters Guild Victor", etc... is so lame and limits personal expression. Either add more selectable titles or allow us to create our own... another "coming to a Crown Store near you" item. ;)

There's a thread for that already.This one's about your character's names,not titles. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fra wrote: »
    Seen a few pictures in early beta where they apparently had them? It didn't look to obnoxious.
    I've seen probably the same pictures, and it looked pretty obnoxious to me. But that's a personal thing - just because I think they look horrible that doesn't mean that they won't be great for other people.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)