The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealthy racial

Zyrenia
Zyrenia
Want to create a stealthy nightblade, magica based. and am stuck on race, yeah i know, its the first step. But im pending between a magica oriented race, or with Khajiit / Wood Elf. and i know dps vise, they are worse. but how big diffrence does the Stealthy racial make with me getting detected ? will i notice a diffrence or is it just not even worth mentioning ?. feedback please.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a wood elf nightblade and stealth is my main weapon of choice. While using five night silence armor I can go in stealth through delves and dungeons and not have to engage (do this to pick up lore books motifs etc) and being a magicak base design the passive pump to stamina will help your flexibility if you min/max.if you go werewolf the pasive will negate a lot of the poison damage you take
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Not that much.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyrenia wrote: »
    Want to create a stealthy nightblade, magica based. and am stuck on race, yeah i know, its the first step. But im pending between a magica oriented race, or with Khajiit / Wood Elf. and i know dps vise, they are worse. but how big diffrence does the Stealthy racial make with me getting detected ? will i notice a diffrence or is it just not even worth mentioning ?. feedback please.

If you're going magicka-based I assume you're using Light Armor instead of Medium Armor. This means your stealthy passive is okay, but your detection radius won't be great.

The stealthy passive is nice when paired with the sneaking detection reduction of medium armor. That combination allows you to get pretty close to enemies without being detected.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a khajiit in 2 heavy / 5 medium armor, with all the passives, I have crouch-crept to a spot right in front of a mob within 5 meter melee range.

When coming up to a mob facing away, they don't detect me at all. With the night silence set that lets me move at normal speed while crouched, I hit cloak as I bump into the mob as I pass them, and I am not detected.

Often I can move at normal speed and give mobs a 4ish meter berth and they won't know me from a random breeze.

In cyrodiil too, I've remained undetected as I slip between the players guarding the siege trebuchets to set them afire, and between the movement benefit plus maneuver skill have slipped past the responder before the caltrops and magelights were turned on.

So, detection radius does have an impact. But I think it has gotten passed over for consideration because that impact has exactly nothing to do with dps. Stealth is more than the booster of backstab damage.
    Xbox NA
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go High Elf Magicka NB. Pick up/level up Vampirism for the Dark Stalker passive. Slot Concealed Weapon for increased stealth movement speed. Use Double Take for Major Expedition 30% movement speed.

This will make you extremely fast in stealth. You will also have a lot of magicka and magicka regen so you will be able to use cloak indefinitely and not be detected. The stealthy passive seems better suited for medium armor/stam builds. Altmer Magicka NB Vampire is the fasted stealthed character in the game, and you'll hit harder with more magicka.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go High Elf Magicka NB. Pick up/level up Vampirism for the Dark Stalker passive. Slot Concealed Weapon for increased stealth movement speed. Use Double Take for Major Expedition 30% movement speed.

This will make you extremely fast in stealth. You will also have a lot of magicka and magicka regen so you will be able to use cloak indefinitely and not be detected. The stealthy passive seems better suited for medium armor/stam builds. Altmer Magicka NB Vampire is the fasted stealthed character in the game, and you'll hit harder with more magicka.
    This is great advice, OP, and Tark has it right. However, I'm GALLED that we have to take Vampirism to get this bonus. I mean, who wants Coldharbour Herpes?

/shudders

P.S.: After bouncing back and forth between Magicka and Stamina on my NB, I decided to throw caution to the wind and play the character I wanted. I'm now running my Altmer as a full DW/2H Stamina build. I don't even care no more.

Whatevah. I do what I WAAAAAANT!

:p