The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

We Need Gamemasters in Cyrodiil Campaigns BAD

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Submitting tickets about exploits and reporting players (not naming names) doesn't seem to be very effective in getting those cheaters out of campaigns. We actually need some Gamemasters in the campaigns actually addressing players who are using macroing programs and causing constant and inhumanly fast animation-cancelling, and then end up being the top players in campaigns. All campaigns NEED Gamemasters ASAP.
Edited by WuffyCerulei on April 1, 2016 2:03AM
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling isn't hacking.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, maybe they can kick the people who have no clue what hacking is.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean with "hacking" exactly?
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ya ZOS said animation cancelling is a feature not a bug quite some time ago. I dont think they can fix it probably something deep within the engine or code.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    players who are hacking and causing animation-cancelling.

11r6n4.gif
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, you buttwipes, I fixed my poor wording.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, animation-canceling isn't hacking nor is it a bug. I was wrong and fixed my mistake. What I meant with hacking is people who use macroing programs to cause canceling so fast it's not humanly possible. They can't break the global cooldowns of skills, but the average person doesn't have the reflexes of a trained sniper. So, the insanely fast animation-canceling and use of skills due to outside programs needs to be taken care of.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about that. You should probably record some of the fights your referring to (block out the names obv.) so we can see what you're talking about. I've been accused of using macros for years now yet all it is is flawless animation cancelling.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean with "hacking" exactly?

By default, anyone that kills him is hacking.
    Edited by timidobserver on April 1, 2016 4:20AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    You can't animation cancel any faster with a program than you can with your own hands actually using a program/script causes a delay no matter how fast it's telling the command to press xyz it will be no faster than a person doing it because it's server side whatever you think you know about macros is wrong.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I bet you cancel animation and have Emp..." - A player whom I killed once messaged me. (no I didnt have Emp, and he also said some random rude stuff too)

In a way I have the feeling that it actually means "Why u win and not me?!?"

In your case OP, and most likely all of your cases where players used "macros", you instead died to players who were skilled and understood how to play smart with there burst damage. Strong players.

Sorry, but I am messaged pretty often after a 1vX being called a cheater because if you're a zergling then anyone who kills you is a cheater. On PC, cheating becomes "macroing". Same difference. I guarantee you were killed fairly unless you can provide a video clearly showing otherwise.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I dont understand is why some people call animation cancelling cheating.

The global cooldown time for skills are shorter than the actual animation for the skill. Animation cancelling is just a way to minimize the visual animation so the time between skills is as short as the game allows.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, you buttwipes, I fixed my poor wording.

11st3o.jpg

What I meant with hacking is people who use macroing programs to cause canceling so fast it's not humanly possible.

11st92.jpg
  • allmoney01
    Really though some of the issue is latency and dropped frames. You walk past a sorc in feild battle and only see them sheild stack but they still manage to hit you with 4 light attacks between a curse, a frag, and a mages wrath
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need coders not gamemasters. We need like outsourced coding farms like a warehouse full of coders slamming keys for $1 a day or something....

Something to fix the game, not game masters to ban ppl macroing.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need like outsourced coding farms like a warehouse full of coders slamming keys for $1 a day or something....

This is what you think coding is ? LOL ...!!!

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need GMs in pve removing bots so zos can remove their anti-bot software and we can all have a more enjoyable experience. GMs in pvp would be useless.
    PC | EU
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need GMs in pve removing bots so zos can remove their anti-bot software and we can all have a more enjoyable experience. GMs in pvp would be useless.

Noobody would bother botting in ESO at this point anymore anwyays.
    :]
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay for a @themdogesbite bot =)
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    Shall i upload some videos of how macro'ing is done ?
    and show you how to code each line so abilities go off within 1.3 sec's?
    at that speed to the person yo are molesting on their screen you do not even come out of stealth ..
    all they know is they were prodding along and now they are flat on their back...

Will Put some video's together soon to show how it is kinda unfair to the average player of this game ...

Mind you not all macro's are bad ... but the one use for just murdering people with out giving them a reasonible chance ..i.e. more than 2 seconds

Super salty stien out
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had them but they all lagged out
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would wager that most of the "macros" out there are just people that have mastered animation cancelling. Some rotations are very simple to pull off for all classes and I would imagine much easier to time right than macros. Lag etc., would mess up macros, animation cancelling manually you can adapt on the fly.
  • kinggingernator
    kinggingernator
    ✭✭✭
    Ani cancelling is just an acquired skill. Its not something you know how to do and theres only one level of it. I feel as if you can animation cancel just not very quickly. Over time if you practice enough it becomes machine instinct and you can hit speeds that literally match each global cooldown.
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    i know they're already in there helping out their friends.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how a GM is going to prove that someone is using a macro program as opposed to manually clicking buttons, outside of a straight up confession.

When I first started I tried some macro stuff on my mouse (for wpn swap, not ani-cancel) - it was actually slower than doing it myself. I gave it up in about 15 min, maybe I was doing it wrong.

What some don't realize is that your abilities fire on button release, not press, so you can either re-program your mouse buttons to "release" on press or adapt accordingly. This might be the reason others appear to be "faster than possible"

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can't break the global cooldowns of skills, but the average person doesn't have the reflexes of a trained sniper.
    You realize if you keep doing it everyday you aren't watching the screen you just know how long you have to wait to press the mouse right? It has nothing to do with reflexes if you are "going" to light attack, you can hit the ability and the mouse at roughly the same time.

Maybe your problem is simply ignorance, so I thought I'd just give that little explanation a shot. Seriously, do you actually watch the animation to try and time it? Just press the buttons until you do it naturally.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most likely reasons nothing ever gets done is because people don't know what is and isn't an exploit so they report everything under the sun as exploiting and muddy the water and spam the GM's.

ZOS should really consider doing something like this: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/204873262-Known-Declared-Exploits

It's a clear list of what is and isn't considered and exploit. That way players can check before submitting reports and see that in the case of this thread animation cancelling and macro use (as long as player is present and pushing buttons) isn't an exploit.

They can also list what they do consider exploits so players know what to avoid doing or report others for.

I really wish we could have something like this to clear things up a bit.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • orim
    orim
    ✭✭✭
    what about player who steal scroll from keep without sieging it and run faster with scroll that 60/60 horse with rapid?
    Fixing lags since beta
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats just bad game design. 2 sets, bow in one bar + sorc or nb make you do that.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Logitech Gaming Software.