The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Revamping Stam builds part 1: Stamina Resource pool

Anti_Virus
Anti_Virus
✭✭✭✭✭
In preparation for DB stamina changes I wanted to create a series of posts discussing my thoughts on how stam builds are functioning now and how they can be improved.

WARNING: I apologize for any grammatical errors as this post was typed on a mobile phone.

So stam builds has seen multiple improvements for the start of the game and although I've started playing in June of 2015 (console peasant) I'm glad I wasn't playing during the "Elder Robes online" period, Stam builds still have issues.

The Problems:

OUR RESOURCE POOL IS SHARED WITH DODGE/BLOCK/CC BREAK: this makes stam builds hard to play. We are required to use stamina to deal dmg and at the same time use stamina for defense purposes since we lack reliable heals and dmg shields. In 1.6 this wasn't really an issue as medium armor stam builds relied on perma dodge roll to survive and heavy relied on perma blocking but after 1.6 nerfs came in to change that Playstyle and ithe was a good change despite me play and relying on that tactic to survive.

STAM BUILDS HAVE TO BALANCE MAX RESOURCE WITH RECOVERY: unlike magic builds stam builds need a good stam recovery state to sustain themselves again in 1.6 this wasn't an issue but after the nerfs stam builds now have to choose for sustained fight with high stam regen( 2.5 and up) or max resources and weapon power for massive burst dmg at the expense of sustainable. Now I am aware of some stam build achieving both high weapon power max state and regen, but you are still penalized for using your main defense tactics( consecutive roll within 4 sec increase and blocking grant zero stam regen) magic builds on the other hand can get away with low magic recovery simply because their resource pool is just used for damage 40K max magicka and over 3.5k spell power allows them to have high damage and powerful damage shields with NO penalty.

The Solutions:

STAM HEALS AND UTILITIES: Zos has compensated for the Dodge roll and block penalties by moving the best stam heal (Vigor) to alliance rank 5 and has reduced it's AP cost and some of our utility skill are useful( speed buff in assault tree) and Guard(needs more tweaking) but there needs to be skill that capitalize on our playstyle. What do I mean? Well for example: medium armor builds rely on dodge rolls and avoiding dmg to survive the skill Evasion is a great example but the Dodge chance is low I believe the Dodge chance should be raised from 20% to 33% that way we can actually evade dmg instead of relying on heals like a magic build. Same aplies to heavy armor builds with their dmg mitigation buffs although but to explain that I'll create a different post for heavy armor alone.

ADD A 4TH RESOURCE POOL: I've seen this suggestion thrown around a lot and I really like this idea and the 4th resource should be called "Endurance" which is used strictly for cc break dodge and block. This will benefit both MAGIC BUILDS AND STAM BUILDS with stam builds we won't have a huge strain on our resource pool and can focus and invest heavily into it like magic builds. As for magic builds it will benefit them by allowing access to stamina utility (Shuffle, Expert hunter, immovable etc.) With out the worrying about dodge roll block and CC break

There those are my thoughts What are yours?
and don't forget to join my next post where I'll talk about the 2h skill line DISCUSS!

Edited by Anti_Virus on March 31, 2016 9:27PM
Power Wealth And Influence.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADD A 4TH RESOURCE POOL: I've seen this suggestion thrown around a lot and I really like this idea and the 4th resource should be called "Endurance" which is used strictly for cc break dodge and block. This will benefit both MAGIC BUILDS AND STAM BUILDS with stam builds we won't have a huge strain on our resource pool and can focus and invest heavily into it like magic builds. As for magic builds it will benefit them by allowing access to stamina utility (Shuffle, Expert hunter, immovable etc.) With out the worrying about dodge roll block and CC break.
    I actually wouldn't mind Roll Dodge and Break Free on a charge system. Two charges by default, then more added with Medium Armor, Champion Points, etc.

My 2 Septims. But nobody asked me. LOL!

;)
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADD A 4TH RESOURCE POOL: I've seen this suggestion thrown around a lot and I really like this idea and the 4th resource should be called "Endurance" which is used strictly for cc break dodge and block. This will benefit both MAGIC BUILDS AND STAM BUILDS with stam builds we won't have a huge strain on our resource pool and can focus and invest heavily into it like magic builds. As for magic builds it will benefit them by allowing access to stamina utility (Shuffle, Expert hunter, immovable etc.) With out the worrying about dodge roll block and CC break.
    I actually wouldn't mind Roll Dodge and Break Free on a charge system. Two charges by default, then more added with Medium Armor, Champion Points, etc.

My 2 Septims. But nobody asked me. LOL!

;)
    Cool reminds me on Guild wars 2 system that's a great idea man!
    Power Wealth And Influence.