The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How is Spell/Weapon Damage calculated in the character stat window?

ThatNeonZebraAgain
ThatNeonZebraAgain
✭✭✭✭✭
Was working on new gear setups today and noticed strange (or at least unintuitive) things going on in the character info screen about my spell damage.

After putting on and taking off gear, it appears I am not gaining damage from my stat pool nor Champion Constellation. However, I still gain increased damage from temporary buffs (Major Sorcery, Continuous Attack, etc). So I guess my main question is: At what point does the damage from your stat pool (eg Magicka), as well as damage modifier from Champion Constellations (eg Elemental Expert), get factored into your damage stat in the character screen? Or do they not? Because it appears that these sources of damage are not appearing in my character stat UI windows (or are they not supposed to?).

Now for screenshots and basic math.

Etqiu0b.jpg
Naked Argonian (with all racial and class passives): 0 dmg

nKnHwv3.jpg
plus Kena shoulders: 124 dmg

57V7NMV.jpg
plus 3 V15 blue rings with purple-tier damage enchants (140 dmg each): 124+140x3=544 (had to relog in to take screenshot)

ar2mkFz.jpg
plus Gold-tier V16 sword (1335 dmg): 544+1335=1879

gxswYWk.jpg
plus Kagnerac Hope's 5pc bonus (214 dmg): 1879+214=2093

MTKxbIy.jpg
90 points into Elemental Expert

gxswYWk.jpg
31,541 Magicka

So the math from all the gear and set bonuses all adds up, but I still am left asking: where does the extra damage from one's stat pool and Champion Constellations come into play? I can understand if Elemental Expert bonus shows up in tooltip damage (or just in your damage output), but shouldn't the raw spell damage that comes from the stat pool show up in the character stat screen?

Any help is appreciated!
Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on March 31, 2016 7:25PM
Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
Wayra High Elf Sorceress
Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap how have I not seen this before? Thank you very much for posting, this answered my questions.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it increases your spell damage, it doesn't increase your spell damage.
    Maximum magicka does not increase spell damage. Elemental expert does not increase your spell damage.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!