The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK PvP TG Patch

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
Question for Stam DK's out there in Cyrodiil. How are you finding things with this new patch? What adjuatments, if any, have you made to combat the new Proxy Det, Crystal Frag, all things Magicka Meta?

Personally I am struggling against Sorcs. Even with 400 CP I have trouble breaking through their shields. As a DK I take pride in versatility. But man, feels like I need to go all out DPS just to kill 1 or 2 Sorcs before I am killed. Those freaking shields are crazy, they heal so fast and hit hard as hell. Almoat has me missing Stamblades! A good Sorc is almost impossible to kill.

Any useful advice? CP setup, useful skills, etc to be viable in new Meta?

It will take a long time to gather all materials but would going Nirn+Impen on most armor pieces help?
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • Kris_wbg
    Kris_wbg
    Impen is definitely the way to go gear wise I feel. As much cp as you can spare into elemental defender as well. Other than that try to squeeze as much damage out of your build as you can without sacrificing too much sustain.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for Stam DK's out there in Cyrodiil. How are you finding things with this new patch? What adjuatments, if any, have you made to combat the new Proxy Det, Crystal Frag, all things Magicka Meta?

Personally I am struggling against Sorcs. Even with 400 CP I have trouble breaking through their shields. As a DK I take pride in versatility. But man, feels like I need to go all out DPS just to kill 1 or 2 Sorcs before I am killed. Those freaking shields are crazy, they heal so fast and hit hard as hell. Almoat has me missing Stamblades! A good Sorc is almost impossible to kill.

Any useful advice? CP setup, useful skills, etc to be viable in new Meta?

It will take a long time to gather all materials but would going Nirn+Impen on most armor pieces help?

Your dps is lower following the patch... if you run drinks look for your leap to do considerably less damage since it's now modified by largest stat....
    WB is your bread and butter DPS however it's getting hit hard by Hardy... also with more people wearing impen you will see your crit damage on this fall further... but thats everyone...
    I'm hearing reports that WB might be affected by something else with a change in CP it's could be placed in Therm right now instead of mighty need to test tonight.... I found out from someone today he says it's true.. I'm not sure tho... .. I will say this it's hitting for less. .. according to my add-ons with the same template with 500 CP'S I'm doing -30% decrease in damage... I have posted many times about this but it seems so many have switched to magicka .....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still running stam DK I love the mobility and DK resource management... but your spike is down...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Mobility? You must be using a different type of Dragon Knight than I.

Putting CP into the new Shattering Blows should help but difficult to test.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Killa4hire89
    Killa4hire89
    ✭✭
    I run a s&b stam dk and I love it. I am using max boost foods now though.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Use a 2H Axe, the bleed goes through the shields.

I usually use Wblow>Take Flight combo to take them of guard. All you need to do is hit them in the right moment.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know the Axe bleed cut through shields, good idea. Wrecking blow is great when you can connect. Sorcs have a lot of stuns in their arsenal. Sometimes it is difficult to get close. As with the NB's before this I am sure an adjustment can be made. Right now its just a matter of testing what works and what doesn't.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.