The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CYRODIIL LAG UNACCEPTABLE

KILMAIM
KILMAIM
✭✭
CYRODIIL LAG UNACCEPTABLE (ad infinitum)

That's pretty much it.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.
    :smirk:
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.
    :smirk:

I think the OP needs to reset their router ;)
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate that large scale PVP is hard. I played DAOC way back when, and in that game it was always a slide show when a keep raid got to the point of attacking the keep's lord. You could even use lag as a form of radar, to be ready for the enemy before the zerg even got into visible range.

I played warhammer online too. That game was just an all-around disappointment, and didn't last long enoguh or have enough players for lag to be a problem in PVP.

I played WoW for an aggregate of about 7 years. Their crappy little battlegrounds were limited to what...50 players per side? And even then performance was poor.

All that said, my subscription to ESO Plus expires in just over a week and I won't be renewing until and unless PVP gets to be more playable. You can say "stay away from the zerg" all you want, but then you might as well say "don't play this game" because keep fights and large scale PVP are the heart of the end game experience.

I see plenty of people in zone chat talking about going to CU when that hits beta. I won't be doing that, because CU is not going to be available on the Mac and because frankly the preview videos look amazingly poor. But I also won't be spending more money on this game until the money I've already spent shows results.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delegator wrote: »
    I appreciate that large scale PVP is hard. I played DAOC way back when, and in that game it was always a slide show when a keep raid got to the point of attacking the keep's lord. You could even use lag as a form of radar, to be ready for the enemy before the zerg even got into visible range.

I played warhammer online too. That game was just an all-around disappointment, and didn't last long enoguh or have enough players for lag to be a problem in PVP.

I played WoW for an aggregate of about 7 years. Their crappy little battlegrounds were limited to what...50 players per side? And even then performance was poor.

All that said, my subscription to ESO Plus expires in just over a week and I won't be renewing until and unless PVP gets to be more playable. You can say "stay away from the zerg" all you want, but then you might as well say "don't play this game" because keep fights and large scale PVP are the heart of the end game experience.

I see plenty of people in zone chat talking about going to CU when that hits beta. I won't be doing that, because CU is not going to be available on the Mac and because frankly the preview videos look amazingly poor. But I also won't be spending more money on this game until the money I've already spent shows results.

Do you remember what ESO looked like in alpha stages?
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I've found the lag to be a bit better than when it was at it's peak. I've been in fights that would have previously been the slideshow, no damage, no swap, wft is going on situation, and while they were somewhat "impared", have been quite functional. Maybe I've just had good luck...
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

We're still in it.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre TG, I played mostly during Oceanic time and performance was generally amazing compared to Prime NA time, since the TG update however I have found myself in PVE for most part because Cyro is unplayable even in Oceanic time.....
    Kinda sad, I had high hopes for this patch......
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reset your router - problem solved :)
  • Incrediclint
    Incrediclint
    Soul Shriven
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

The "lag" you experienced in those games was low framerates though, not server lag. DAOC had it's large battle server issues fixed within a year after launch. Warhammer ran brilliantly and never had any server lag. ESO however, has tons of server issues (it's the code, probably not the hardware).
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    It ain't your router, it's broken. Cannot play vet PvP right now on ps4, only black water blade.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know their is always the option that you could try to you know fix the lag. ZOS said they gladly accepted players job apps

Just have a resume attached with all your computer and video game creation experience and a degree of the college you went to for oh 4 or 6 years and all the past companys you worked for and how longed you worked for them and what you did and all that stuff and send it to ZOS. Then you can start fixing it your self instead of making a rage post that go into the rage post pile.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know their is always the option that you could try to you know fix the lag. ZOS said they gladly accepted players job apps

Just have a resume attached with all your computer and video game creation experience and a degree of the college you went to for oh 4 or 6 years and all the past companys you worked for and how longed you worked for them and what you did and all that stuff and send it to ZOS. Then you can start fixing it your self instead of making a rage post that go into the rage post pile.

Or simply remember the time 18 months ago when the game worked.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why the belittling tone? I am clearly more qualified than anyone at ZOS, I checked.
    KwgXsaA.png
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Why the belittling tone? I am clearly more qualified than anyone at ZOS, I checked.
    KwgXsaA.png

8115248.jpg
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Reset your router - problem solved :)

Close your game. This is the real solution.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS do make the zerg more stronger.
    It will no lag very soon. You can see that. :D
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KILMAIM wrote: »

That's pretty much it.

Yet you accept it (you're still playing).
    Be consistent.

• Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or do what a lot of us did. Go play another game. BDO, the division and so forth. I already unsubbed and am playing the division until CU pops. TG patch was horrible.
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Simple solution for zerg lag - 40 ppl yellows at Arrius? They got -10% for all attributes. 80 ppl? They got -20% for all attributes. And 10 defenders got +10% and +20%. it is absolutely logical - the crowd interfere with each other. And we have more tactics and less stupid zerg runs.
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VadimAleks wrote: »
    Simple solution for zerg lag - 40 ppl yellows at Arrius? They got -10% for all attributes. 80 ppl? They got -20% for all attributes. And 10 defenders got +10% and +20%. it is absolutely logical - the crowd interfere with each other. And we have more tactics and less stupid zerg runs.

Do you actually pvp? With how high damage numbers are I could still bomb and blow everyone up with with 20% reduced stats no problem. Lack of objectives, ap award mechanisms, forward camps, the damage, siege heroes, aoe caps - these are what promote lag-inducing fights.
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Do you actually pvp? With how high damage numbers are I could still bomb and blow everyone up with with 20% reduced stats no problem. Lack of objectives, ap award mechanisms, forward camps, the damage, siege heroes, aoe caps - these are what promote lag-inducing fights.

Sure. Every day 5-6 hours. I have lag only if 80-120 enemys around. If less - all works fine. And no matter how much AoE damage they do and which skills use. And Im sure they had lag too, because i was standing in lag alone, in front of 30-40 yellow in 15-20 m range and none even hit me. I turned around and ran away.
    Edited by VadimAleks on April 3, 2016 5:14PM
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    KILMAIM wrote: »

That's pretty much it.

Yet you accept it (you're still playing).
    Be consistent.

Accepting the existence of the lag and playing the game through lag are 2 different things.

But the 130-150+ lag is still unacceptable. Can't have any fun in the pvp area if there is no lasting and enjoyable fun.