Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Major Savagery not working porperly

therrieur
therrieur
✭✭✭
If i have evil hunter on my 2nd bar, use a weapon crit potion, go to my 1st bar, the extra weapon crit disappears. If i use the potion on my 1st bar, i will get major savagery until i switch to my 2nd bar and back to my first bar. Seems to be because the major savagery from evil hunter overwrites the pot because it has greater duration (infinite).

I'm curious to know if the same applies to inner light and spell crit.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therrieur wrote: »
    If i have evil hunter on my 2nd bar, use a weapon crit potion, go to my 1st bar, the extra weapon crit disappears. If i use the potion on my 1st bar, i will get major savagery until i switch to my 2nd bar and back to my first bar. Seems to be because the major savagery from evil hunter overwrites the pot because it has greater duration (infinite).

Yes that is exactly correct. Camo/Evil Hunter only apply the +crit on the bar they are slotted on and they will overwrite other buffs of the same name. Personally I think the passive effects need the mage light treatment, we shouldn't be required to slot ANY skill on both bars.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Yes that is exactly correct. Camo/Evil Hunter only apply the +crit on the bar they are slotted on and they will overwrite other buffs of the same name. Personally I think the passive effects need the mage light treatment, we shouldn't be required to slot ANY skill on both bars.

I second this. I would also suggest that potion buffs take priority over passive slot buffs. I'm not really sure why this isn't already the case... but oh well. #ESOLogic
  • therrieur
    therrieur
    ✭✭✭

I thought mage light now gave the crit, only on the bar it is slotted, just like evil hunter, or did you mean something else? You just don't need to activate it anymore.
    Edited by therrieur on March 31, 2016 10:44PM
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Er no. Magelight was given the expert hunter treatment.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Magelight it's not as big of a deal, because chances are you are running it on both bars anyway for the max magicka (unless you're using Radiant magelight, in which case you might not have it on both bars). I've removed Camo/Evil Hunter from my bar completely now. With maxed alchemy passives, I have 100% uptime using vr10 potions (which give the same benefit as vr15, simply a few seconds shorter, which is only a fraction of a second shorter than potion cooldown). I got tired of losing my Savagery when I bar-swapped to reapply DoTs, and since I get it from potions I gave up Hunter altogether. I was only using it for the proc anyway, which is inferior to some alternatives (like Trap Beast).

Alternatively, if you can find a way to put it on your main bar, you only lose the crit when you swap to off-bar for DoTs, etc. It will reapply when you swap back to your main bar. The only drawback to this is that you will have reduced crit, but only while you are on your off-bar. Some abilities (such as arrow barrage) calculate your value in real-time, based upon the bar you have active. So if you have higher WD on your main bar, your arrow barrage ticks for less when you're on your off-bar. The advantage to this, however, is that you minimize the amount of time in which you lose Savagery, relative to putting it on your off-bar.
    Edited by Autolycus on April 4, 2016 5:31PM