The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy could be so much better.

RocDonald
RocDonald
✭✭✭
The title pretty much says it. I don't understand why there aren't any offensive alchemical uses. Since TG is up, shouldn't we have smoke bombs and distraction bombs or something. Like all of these ravage health/stamina/magika etc. could be really useful for pvp. I really hope they have plans to do something with this because there's a lot of untapped potential there. Also, really need a jeweler craft but that's for another thread.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I keep hoping they will add some recipe that uses emetic russala.

when they added the delicacies in wrothgar and some of them required even as food and drink the use of alchemy ingredients, i thought that would be a use for ER. but nope.

its still useless.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just increase the dropchance of columbine and i'll be happy. That stuff isn't cheap :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been asking for poisons since the game came out. Perhaps this will be added to the Dark Brotherhood.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BurningLance
    BurningLance
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    People have been asking for poisons since the game came out. Perhaps this will be added to the Dark Brotherhood.

well we sorta do got poisons already tho shame we cant apply it on weapons

maybe make it so we can apply it on weapons or make throwable poison bombs.

it would certainly make some interesting fights
    Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

PSN:BurningLance_2
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

That would be the perfect opportunity to implement it. Though they'll have to rework how the damage is applied, as it is now almost all the damage is up front and a miniscule DoT. Off the top of my head I wanna say essence of ravage health is 10XXX damage up front with 6XX over 30 seconds.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get only one use out of the poison and then have a standard cool down timer? Seems kind of restrictive if that's the case.

What if you had the use of that poison on all attacks during the poisons duration? Seems kind of overkill.

What would be the best compromise? 10 attacks? Do I get more if I am also a master alchemist?

Do I get to use a beneficial potion at the same time as a poison?

Do they share the same cool down timer?

Does the poison apply to all my weapons? Or just the one I have equipped when I use the poison? Just the weapon in hand, or also the one on my back bar? What about magic attacks?

I suspect that some of these things are going to be addressed in the Dark Brotherhood expansion. Probably passives that help out in this area.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well we sorta do got poisons already tho shame we cant apply it on weapons

maybe make it so we can apply it on weapons or make throwable poison bombs.

it would certainly make some interesting fights

That is what I meant, the ability to use Poisons

Edited by Nestor on March 31, 2016 7:02PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a proponent of this since the beginning. Morrowind got me hooked on alchemy, and I've been hooked on it through every single game in the series since. Part of the fun is the offensive side of the equation which isn't being looked at right now. I do like the provisioning-crossover recipes as well, and I'm hoping they might consider doing some crossover into alchemy as well. A Gray area here wouldn't be bad.

Jewelry crafting would also be a very nice addition to the game, I agree with you @RocDonald .
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the way I see it there's a lot more to alchemy than just plants as well. Mercury, magnesium, sulfur etc., the possibilities are limitless. Bombs, being smoke, distraction or otherwise could be used/aimed just like liquid lightning or eruption. (double tap up on D-pad).
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the scope and extent of alchemy from earlier games. To me, it was more than just making massively potent concoctions, it was almost a role you could create within the game. I created several 'wandering alchemist' builds and thoroughly enjoyed playing each one. When combined with a few spells, it also meant you could have fun running around taking your time travelling from place to place in plain clothes armed with a basic bow and dagger.

ESO has huge potential to do something similar, if not better, and particularly so given the extent of flora and fauna, minerals, organic items and whatnot found across Tamriel.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned yet how there are no Alchemy Hirelings... I'd rather see that first before adding poisons in game. All the crafters have hirelings except Alchemy line... hell even provisioning has a hireling.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP