The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best way to level undaunted skill line?

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a faster way to level this? I do the daily normal and veteran pledge, but was wondering if there was a faster way. Thank you in advance!

Best Answers

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All achieves from "veteran dungeons" and "group dungeons" category, stuff like "dungeon healer" and also there's an achievement in Character>Guilds category, its called "This one's on me" - it gives 30 points or so.
    I usually do all speedruns/hardmodes, no death, and a few gold pledges.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Answer ✓
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    @Hutch679

Toward the dungeon acheivenent line not the undaunted skill line. I can confirm as I have completed the public dungeons (not all obviously) and undaunted does not go up at all. Only pledges and actual vet/norm dungeon achievements contribute to undaunted
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
    Answer ✓
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, and also you can do AA/Hel Ra trials. Its easy to get speedrun as well as "trial dd" achivement.
    Though public dungeon achieves do not count (I think).

PC/EU
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it more beneficial to do veteran dungeons on vet rank 1 or vet rank 16? I couldn't care less about monster sets as I'm in full legendary crafted sets with the stats I want anyway.
    Edited by Hutch679 on March 30, 2016 1:52PM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

I can confirm that public dungeon achievements do count. I ran a few the other day for skill points and completed the quests & boss achievements and Undaunted went up.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

I can confirm that public dungeon achievements do count. I ran a few the other day for skill points and completed the quests & boss achievements and Undaunted went up.

You can get "Dungeon dd", "dungeon blocker", "boss slayer" in any dungeon, even in public dungeon or delve. Im not sure about particular boss killing achievements in public dungeons.

PC/EU
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Just as he said. Sound advice. Public dungeons do not count and I don't think trials do either. Once you've completed all dungeons on normal and vet and completed speed runs, it takes an additional 20 or so vet + non vet pledges to get to undaunted 9. Took me about 2 weeks but I had already completed a few pledges before starting To grind it. The dungeon blocker and damage achievements are big toward that skill line as well
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    Just as he said. Sound advice. Public dungeons do not count and I don't think trials do either. Once you've completed all dungeons on normal and vet and completed speed runs, it takes an additional 20 or so vet + non vet pledges to get to undaunted 9. Took me about 2 weeks but I had already completed a few pledges before starting To grind it. The dungeon blocker and damage achievements are big toward that skill line as well

Do dungeon achievements in general rank it up? I found a list online that shows all dungeon achievements and each gives "points" I would think that goes towards it right?

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

I completed all of the public dungeons and the boss achievements that go with them in EP and it went up.
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Do dungeon achievements in general rank it up? I found a list online that shows all dungeon achievements and each gives "points" I would think that goes towards it right?

@Hutch679

Go to your in game menu and I think it's journal>achievements>dungeons and it will list them. You only get undaunted xp for the non vet dungeon section and the vet dungeon section(group dungeons and veteran dungeons sections). I have tested public dungeons (the dungeons you can't search via group finder) and they don't give undaunted xp toward skill line

Edit: I'm undaunted 9 and my dungeons acheivenent section is maybe 1/4 complete so everything in there isn't nessecary or count toward skill line

Edited by DjSolJAH on March 30, 2016 2:12PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

@Hutch679

Go to your in game menu and I think it's journal>achievements>dungeons and it will list them. You only get undaunted xp for the non vet dungeon section and the vet dungeon section(group dungeons and veteran dungeons sections). I have tested public dungeons (the dungeons you can't search via group finder) and they don't give undaunted xp toward skill line

Edit: I'm undaunted 9 and my dungeons acheivenent section is maybe 1/4 complete so everything in there isn't nessecary or count toward skill line

You can't confirm it doesn't count though because you only have 25% of them completed. If all of them give points, then what do the points count towards?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

I cleared a few public dungeons that I had skipped on an alt and tracked my undaunted skill line. It did not budge at all. I killed all the bosses and the vanquisher/conqueror achievements (that is what they are called, right?) did not help level undaunted.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee

I found the exact opposite :D

Just to confirm: this was since TG, I didn't do any pledges nor group dungeons for a few days either side and I checked my Undaunted progress before this run and before starting my next pledge.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on March 30, 2016 3:28PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee

Just to confirm: this was since TG, I didn't do any pledges nor group dungeons for a few days either side and I checked my Undaunted progress before this run and before starting my next pledge.

So post TG public dungeon achievements now raise undaunted skill line?
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Just run a public dungeon and see if it goes up. Didn't read anything about changes made to that in TG update. Public dungeons are too easy to solo for them to contribute to undaunted.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was present before TG or got added with it but as DJSoljah said, I didn't read anything either.

I probably got ~600 achievement points from that run and at level 5, it went up from the last D of Undaunted to a whisker away from 6. That's how I was aware.

It's only my word against general consensus so if you want to test this for yourselves, I'm sure there's an add on on PC. However if you're on console then just put a line/tape on your TV to mark the before and get as many achievement points as possible.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee

I tried this before TG. I thought it was stupid that it didn't count, so hopefully you are correct. Logging on to check, though I need to get to the office...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just run a public dungeon and see if it goes up. Didn't read anything about changes made to that in TG update. Public dungeons are too easy to solo for them to contribute to undaunted.

No easier than buying someone a drink.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    @DaveMoeDee

I tried this before TG. I thought it was stupid that it didn't count, so hopefully you are correct. Logging on to check, though I need to get to the office...

I'm at work for 4 more hours... The anticipation is killing me... Lol someone confirm si vous plait
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forgotten Crypts Vanquisher didn't level undaunted. Was at 15 before and after.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished all 3 Forgotten Crypts achievements. Undaunted still at 15/200.

Seems individual public dungeons have zero effect on undaunted level. Perhaps the zone-wide achievements contribute.

I just need Toothmaul Gully for AD Conqueror. I can try to get that to test. Just need to kill 2 more champions.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished AD conqueror. Also no Undaunted XP.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Just finished AD conqueror. Also no Undaunted XP.

I cried a little when I realized this for myself last night. Thank your for the responses confirming as well.
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    What about buying the undaunted a drink. Does that raise much at all? Is it worth the time? Im level 6 and trying to get it up!
    Ive done all non vet and a few of the vet.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    What about buying the undaunted a drink. Does that raise much at all? Is it worth the time? Im level 6 and trying to get it up!
    Ive done all non vet and a few of the vet.

Yes, it gives 20 or 30 points.

PC/EU
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the misinformation, guys. It was the only possibility in my eyes :(
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drink one is bad, takes forever and counts as like 1 daily.

Go into a trial solo and get all those accomplishments, that is a lot of undaunted and takes 15 mins.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirmas, i just did every single public dungeon quest, boss achievement and group event for aldmeris 5 zones, that undaunted does not go up at all whatsoever for the achievements under the"public dungeon" portion.

Cool colors though i guess