The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thieves Guild

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok... I'm probably missing something obvious, but... How the hell do you start the Thieves Guild DLC? (Yes, I do have it before someone says you have to buy it - I just can't figure out how to actually start it... there's no quest prompt like with Orsinium etc)

Thx.
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to your collections tab , dlc and should be able to start quest from there
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of ways.

Go into any Outlaw Refuge and you will see an NPC with a Quest Marker, talk to them. Quen is the name

Find a Thieves Trove and loot it. They have a blue glow and sound like a Nirnroot on Steriods

Or, go to Hews Bane and find Quen or one of the other quest givers there.
    Edited by Nestor on March 30, 2016 3:17PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mysteryblogga
    You'll see a new wayshrine up in Hew's Bane. That's how I started it. Travel to that wayshrine and you'll see Quen immediately. :smiley:
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks guys. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, you're not alone in not getting it at first. Yup, there are multiple ways to start it (and I think all of them have been listed above) but when I first tried it on the PTS it wasn't obvious to me how to get it started. I didn't figure out the collections thing until far later when someone told me about it - I just stumbled on Quen in an Outlaw Refuge when I was exploring to try to find the quest giver.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    Ok... I'm probably missing something obvious, but... How the hell do you start the Thieves Guild DLC? (Yes, I do have it before someone says you have to buy it - I just can't figure out how to actually start it... there's no quest prompt like with Orsinium etc)

Thx.

Open your map and click on Hew's Bane.Just go there,and if you want to do the first quest,from Quen,she's standing right there.If you dont want to do quests yet,fine.Just run around and have fun,explore a bit.