The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lekis Focus @Wrobel

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please consider this @Wrobel

This set would be pretty great for a small scaler or soloer in cyrodiil, namely to avoid getting trainwrecked by aoe-groups too easily. The 25% aoe dmg done and taken is a nice 1:1 tradeoff, however it also has another drawback of reducing aoe healing done. This would also be ok, if not for the fact that it also reduces the healing done to yourself when using vigor wich is the main heal and bread and butter selfsustain skill for every stamina build out there. Is that intended? If it is, I propose to reduce only the healing done in blue in the picture, and not the healing marked in the red. Thanks for reading.

im83ywb1bb9t.png

PC EU
PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If left how it currently is, this set is useless for a soloer, and almost ok to use if you drag a pocket healer with you everywhere you go.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    I really don't know if they care at all anymore. It's simple: the set will be useless until they fix this.

Does anyone use it?
    Ormesson Stamina NB 2H-Bow
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is our stamina set. You don't like it? Oh, and pay no mind to the vicious death set magicka users got.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would personally really consider using this set if Resolving Vigor was not effected.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what's awesome about this set? Using less than 5 pieces. I recently took 2 daggers and made them legendary, threw them on my stam sorc, and now I'm pulling the same damage (approx) as my 2H build but with half the stamina issues.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is our stamina set. You don't like it? Oh, and pay no mind to the vicious death set magicka users got.

As a sorc whom prefers small scale, the magnus wann-be vicious death is useless for me. I understand what you are saying though, a lot of magicka large scale PvPers out there, just worthless in PvE and small scale.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This impacts vigor... but not rally right? So what's the problem?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

Vigor and Rally is 2 very different heals. Vigor your sustain go-to heal, rally your burst complimentary heal wich is available for that very purpose like twice a minute.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Vigor and Rally is 2 very different heals. Vigor your sustain go-to heal, rally your burst complimentary heal wich is available for that very purpose like twice a minute.

Right, I know the difference. But my point is that this set is useful in small group and solo builds. In small groups, chances are you already have a dedicated healer, or at least an off-healer. In solo content, you don't need vigor, it simply makes life easier and compliments rally. The bottom line here is that vigor not working as effectively doesn't break this set in it's intended context. Is it a drawback? Sure. But this isn't the first set that's been released with a very niche appeal. Still, would have been nice to see something with as much utility as Vicious Death, which is very popular, effective, and thoroughly enjoyable. The stam options in the TG update were lackluster at best, but we knew this was going to be the case beforehand.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2016 7:30PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I know the difference. But my point is that this set is useful in small group and solo builds. In small groups, chances are you already have a dedicated healer, or at least an off-healer. In solo content, you don't need vigor, it simply makes life easier and compliments rally. The bottom line here is that vigor not working as effectively doesn't break this set in it's intended context. Is it a drawback? Sure. But this isn't the first set that's been released with a very niche appeal. Still, would have been nice to see something with as much utility as Vicious Death, which is very popular, effective, and thoroughly enjoyable. The stam options in the TG update were lackluster at best, but we knew this was going to be the case beforehand.

Im assuming youre talking PvE here, cause saying Vigor aint needed in solo pvp is....bad. Another point tho, is if youre in a group youre gonna want to run some kinda aoe, in wich case this set is perfectly wasted. So where this set will shine....beats me. Cant think of anything.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im assuming youre talking PvE here, cause saying Vigor aint needed in solo pvp is....bad. Another point tho, is if youre in a group youre gonna want to run some kinda aoe, in wich case this set is perfectly wasted. So where this set will shine....beats me. Cant think of anything.

Lol no, I'm not. I'm talking about pvp. I can't be the only one capable of beating someone without vigor. I'm not here saying it's useless, I'm saying that it's doable, and that this is a niche set.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol no, I'm not. I'm talking about pvp. I can't be the only one capable of beating someone without vigor. I'm not here saying it's useless, I'm saying that it's doable, and that this is a niche set.

Doable, sure, but effective, not in my opinion.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see changes to lekis tho, they just sit in my trader gathering dust. Sry for the necro I just think lekis needs a look at
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on June 22, 2017 10:41AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see changes to lekis tho, they just sit in my trader gathering dust. Sry for the necro I just think lekis needs a look at

Make the "debuff" not count for selfheals and this set is completely fine.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25% aoe reduction is equivalent to putting 100 cp into direct damage reduction. How hard is it to not use aoe so there are no negatives? Set is op since personal damage is negligible and no competent tank is using vigor in a group, 25% added to everything else makes aoe so weak it can be safely ignored. This covers a ton of damage sources. The fact it used to not work for pve due to being way too strong should have been enough of an indicator of the sets potential to realize it's one of the strongest set abilities.
    Edited by WalksonGraves on June 22, 2017 12:13PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25% aoe reduction is equivalent to putting 100 cp into direct damage reduction. How hard is it to not use aoe so there are no negatives? Set is op since personal damage is negligible and no competent tank is using vigor in a group, 25% added to everything else makes aoe so weak it can be safely ignored. This covers a ton of damage sources. The fact it used to not work for pve due to being way too strong should have been enough of an indicator of the sets potential to realize it's one of the strongest set abilities.

The thread is from a pvp pov, where you have to use vigor to be a solo/smallscale stambuild and not get easily rekt because you lack healing. The 5set is already balancing itself out by reducing your own AoE dmg, but it also reduces your aoe healing aka your selfheal from vigor wich is the bread and butter heal in cyro for stambuilds...wich then makes the 5set more of a negative "bonus" then a positive imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could feasibley use this on a warden now without vigor. But then again, are the warden heals actually better than vigor or do they just compliment vigor well?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    You could feasibley use this on a warden now without vigor. But then again, are the warden heals actually better than vigor or do they just compliment vigor well?

@br0steen the warden heals are also mostly aoe, atleast the burst ones, so it has the same problem.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vines and the winter one isn't, or I don't think should be considered aoe. Is it?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    Vines and the winter one isn't, or I don't think should be considered aoe. Is it?

Vines, not sure, but its not exactly bursty. Winter one is aoe when I last tested it, but its not a burst heal either.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we balance eye of the storm? Its stupid how the devs just say basically " we dont know how to balance the game... so heres shield breaker for sorcs and lekis for eye of the storm".
    PS4 NA DC
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use it with a 2hander, 5 pc on 2h bar. and have the backbar 4 pc on dw/bow/2&b bar, run vigor on back bar...
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This set would be pretty great for a small scaler or soloer in cyrodiil, namely to avoid getting trainwrecked by aoe-groups too easily. The 25% aoe dmg done and taken is a nice 1:1 tradeoff, however it also has another drawback of reducing aoe healing done. This would also be ok, if not for the fact that it also reduces the healing done to yourself when using vigor wich is the main heal and bread and butter selfsustain skill for every stamina build out there. Is that intended? If it is, I propose to reduce only the healing done in blue in the picture, and not the healing marked in the red. Thanks for reading.

im83ywb1bb9t.png

I think that it is intended. If Vigor self-healing wasn't affected, then most non-proc stamina build would run Leki's because it would be BIS, by far.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    use it with a 2hander, 5 pc on 2h bar. and have the backbar 4 pc on dw/bow/2&b bar, run vigor on back bar...

Doesnt matter, as soon as you switch back, the vigor heal ticks will get reduced by 25%.
    See the 5pc alone isnt too severe, but the fact that you're healdebuffed almost all the time in cyrodiil by disease dmg or reverberating etc makes this set a nogo for stambuilds.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭

im83ywb1bb9t.png

I think that it is intended. If Vigor self-healing wasn't affected, then most non-proc stamina build would run Leki's because it would be BIS, by far.

I agree it would be BiS if it had no healing penalty, you have to remember people a lot of things are AoE, leap, sweeps,EotS,Dawnbreaker (haven't tested but assuming) I think it should be swapped to minor defile.

Plus if you used the DW skill quick cloak that also gives 25% AoE damage reduction, stacking them would be strong as hell
    Edited by Benn G x on June 23, 2017 12:40AM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone wanted to build a single-target heat-seeking missile that could jump into an EotS ball group and hit target after target, how would you do it? I am thinking Leki's with Deadly Cloak, then maybe Viper/Bone Pirate's Tatters and Selene. Hmm.
    Edited by Aztlan on June 23, 2017 3:13PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valwe wrote: »
    If someone wanted to build a single-target heat-seeking missile that could jump into an EotS ball group and hit target after target, how would you do it? I am thinking Leki's with Deadly Cloak, then maybe Viper/Bone Pirate's Tatters and Selene. Hmm.

Shadowwalker. Magicka Regen with Max Stamina food. Cloak Ambusb repeat. :smiley:
    PS4 NA DC