The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

qustion or so

shadowmod
shadowmod
so i played this game a while ago i dont remember how long and lost interest really fast due to leveling feeling slow is that still true i was told it took some were around like 50 hours to get to vet rank..

wondering cause my friends and i are looking for a game we can all play that isnt salty

note slow level made me lose interest cause weird personal ocd of massive hatred of games begining at max level and it taking way to long to get thear
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 week to v16, there's guides on YouTube.
  • shadowmod
    shadowmod
    also qustion what is the better ranged caster type templar or dk

i have seen sorcs skills they all bore me
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    I was a Magicka templar and I liked the sorcs skills better until you've actually tried the class and got to atleast level 20 I don't think you can really say if it's for you or not. I'd say go templar but pick a good race for magicka so maybe a high elf templar.

Leveling is not slow up until V1, I got to V1 in about a week of casual playing after work, It's getting from V1-V16 thats slow.

• shadowmod
    shadowmod
    ok cool i dont care to much if vet leveling is slow at least at thata i point i have all my skills

also i the last i play was a bit after inperial city came out and v 14 was cap and i got bored ran out of interesting questes
    to do or questes that gave any kind of decent amount of xp
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for info there's a big xp bouns right now to mark 2nd year
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    shadowmod wrote: »
    note slow level made me lose interest cause weird personal ocd of massive hatred of games begining at max level and it taking way to long to get thear
    Not one of those games. This game starts from level one and slows down a bit when hitting veteran.
    It is about journey not the destination.

• shadowmod
    shadowmod
    kind of want to be a werewolf i would go stam build for that righjt and how long can u stay in wolf from
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a stamina build works best with werewolf. Time in werewolf form depends on passives. It's short at first, but once you get the devour passive, as long as you have dead things to feed on, you can keep it going for a while.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • shadowmod
    shadowmod
    what clasefor stam build dk or templar and a recmonded race for eather
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best way to figure out the class is to try them through lvl 20 and see what may fit your play style. I've never found race to be a huge drawback, so try what you like. My brother has a magica templar orc, I'm trying it with khajiit. My brother did have his stamina based, but because his character usually runs with my stamina nightblade khajiit, he changed over to magic for better heals (at least I think that's why). Really, it's all a matter of personal preference, opinion and play style.

ETA: No real opinion on dragonknight since I don't play it well and may delete mine.
    Edited by SilentRaven1972 on April 2, 2016 4:23PM
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I changed over to Magicka Templar on my Orc because I wanted stronger heals, and because many of the Templar abilities, especially the stronger morphs, were Magicka-based instead of Stamina-based.

Basically, Magicka Templar gave me both power and versatility, so I went with that. I don't get to take advantage of my Orc racial passives (improved stamina, etc) but then again I can save my Stamina for CC breaks, blocks, etc. Race is not a big deal when it comes to a build unless you are a min-maxer.

There's a lot of experimentation involved not only in finding a class you like (and maybe a race you like), but a style you like. Most classes can do a little of everything, and the other skill lines can fill in the gaps. Want a healer, but not playing a Templar? Try Restoration Staff. That sorta thing.

The game is a lot more fun with a friend or family member, by the way. And you get an XP bonus when you have a teammate in group, so finding a questing buddy will help a lot.
          In verity.
  • shadowmod
    shadowmod
    well i dont know anyone who has this game to play and i may try night blade first seems like it would be better at stam builds casue i want to were wolf so bad
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    What platform do you use? Eiagra and I are on PC/NA If you are too, I can get you a WW bite when you are ready, and maybe can help you some.
  • shadowmod
    shadowmod
    am on pc na

if you can add me on skype shadowmoder casue it would be great to play at least on voice chat with someone who knows the game
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also qustion what is the better ranged caster type templar or dk
    i have seen sorcs skills they all bore me
    Both magicka Staff templar and stamina 2H templar are fast killers. My favourite characters so far and great in aoe damage i.e easy grinding to lvl faster. You just need a proper build that is crafted from scratch, not from randomly found pieces.
    kind of want to be a werewolf i would go stam build for that righjt and how long can u stay in wolf from
    With most related passives unlocked you can stay in this form forever* or untill you get bored of playing WW :). Really, levelling WW is very fast when you go to an area with lots of lvl1 fast-respawning-small-creatures like the goats around this area in Alik'r Desert - between Myrkwasa Dolmen and Goat's Head Oasis Wayshrine :).

*under condition that you devour corpses frequently to add 12 seconds ;)
    Edited by Gargath on April 3, 2016 10:44AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • shadowmod
    shadowmod
    well i have no way to get proper crafted gear and such unless someone is nice enough ot make it for me or its cheap enough to get on the ah and i wouldnt even know werer to begin on what tobuy
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    am on pc na

if you can add me on skype shadowmoder casue it would be great to play at least on voice chat with someone who knows the game

I added someone with that name, hopefully it was you. Unfortunately, we're having net issues now :/