The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Option to pause XP gain (Blackwater Blade / Non Vet PvP Poll)

Smeag
Smeag
✭✭✭
Failed the first one lol. So what do non vet pvpers think about this? Been awhile since we last discussed it.
Edited by Smeag on March 30, 2016 4:17AM

Option to pause XP gain (Blackwater Blade / Non Vet PvP Poll) 82 votes

Yes
39%
bizshizzle_ESOColoursYouHaveberlinsquirrelb16_ESOMadyIruil_ESOValen_Byteub17_ESOphreatophilekeredownmariiusshockjockeyReifSharakorSanct16DisgracefulMindMinalanSerpentbreeDReverbSmeagFriedEggSandwich 32 votes
No
52%
Pirhana7_ESODeadlyRecluseArobainJahoelRylanaTankqullRikumaruStillianDenniMyuuJa50nXTruckdriverMjolloDagoth_RacValencerCernowKartalinMerlightMauzSmoltsmacx250 43 votes
I don't care
7%
NapharielmcurleyBone_DemonDuiwelBurning_TalonsMTrent24 6 votes
Other
1%
gw2only1b14_ESO 1 vote
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well it's not a poll yet, but as someone who has never pvp'd in bwb I'm all for being able to pause xp gain to remain in the campaign that you enjoy. Why not?
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on March 30, 2016 4:19AM
    PC | EU
  • Smeag
    Smeag
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I used to be against this because I believed that re-rolling kept the zone fresh and prevented "twinked out" characters from wrecking newbies. However after 14 months of making new characters every few weeks I've had time to reconsider.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Eventually all of Blackwater Blade would be Level 49 players with Meteor and most other high end skills unlocked. It might as well be a Vet campaign at that point. 99% of players would just be Level 49 instead of Vet 16. And with so many players near campaign level max, with lots of active skills and passives unlocked and lots of skill points, it would probably turn into a lag-fest like Vet campaigns.
  • Smeag
    Smeag
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Eventually all of Blackwater Blade would be Level 49 players with Meteor and most other high end skills unlocked. It might as well be a Vet campaign at that point.

You're exactly right. This is what I was always worried about. If it was up to me, I'd make it a one time offer at lvl 35. Accept & all your xp gains (including all skill lines that require XP to progress) will be paused. Or, decline & continue on as normal.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    That would be the best thing ever. For those who are against it, he did say the "option" so why not? Would save me a lot of time and I hate to delete a character. With only 8 character slots...someone always has to get the axe so the next can come in.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I can see the appeal especially since VR1 /lvl 50 will be the new max lvl...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN Q_Q
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Hmm How about you can lock your self at say lv 35....other wise your going to have all players locked at lvl 49.

Its a great Idea but really only works to lock yourself at a lower lvl.

If any of you played Rift youll know why. in that game I locked myself at lv 38 to have a challenge as 40 was max in tier beofre hitting the lvl 50 tier .

But its nice idea but causes to many Twinks so if ESo will allow you to lock till say lvl 38 max then sure why not.
    But to stop exp and freeze at 50 is twinkie...

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't like this idea very much at all. I think that BwB should have a turnover of characters - it is, after all, the non-vet campaign. Pausing at a level like 35 means that some skill lines never fill out, which limits build diversity. Pausing at 49 breeds the new super-powered class of players. I see both of these as bad. If you want to stay in BwB, make new gear, reroll characters, and take part in the "slog" of fiddling with nascent builds. I've played all my toons from level 10 onwards in PvP, and it's been fun to adapt to the changing skill set.

I see XP cap as a way to develop the same, somewhat stale meta of veteran PvP. Nonvet sets are much greater in diversity and viability because of battle leveling than in a campaign with V16 characters, so why would we want to homogenize when we have something so interesting?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Smeag
    Smeag
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Pausing at a level like 35 means that some skill lines never fill out, which limits build diversity.

I don't think pausing at 35 will limit build diversity any more than it already is. I, like you, enjoy experimenting with each new reroll, but most people don't. It takes a lot of patience & time to build a character that will only be effective in BwB for a short time. Because of this, the meta in BwB hasn't changed much at all. We see the same recycled builds just with different character names and the occasional guy who rushed for a high level skill and gets to show it off for awhile before he levels out.

I suggest 35 because it gives you enough xp to acquire key skills and create effective and/or interesting builds but limits you from high-end skills that would create the OP lvl 49 super-meta. This makes the option to pause your XP a win-loss scenario. A win because your character gets to stay in BwB forever; A loss because your character will never be as strong as it could be.
    Edited by Smeag on March 31, 2016 12:43AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, people would get to level 49 and push stop. All it would do is make a bunch of maxed level twinks.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It would just lead to a lot of people locked at level 49 with highly optimised builds, skills and gear. I don't think that's good for gameplay.

I've had two characters level out of BB before I was ready. I now make characters that exclusively play BB and try not to gain any xps on them other than what is earned from kills. I usually do the PvP bounty quests until about level 30, to help get my Alliance rank up quickly for certain Alliance War skills. But other than that, it's just xp from kills, which comes slow enough that there's a lot of PvP to be had before levelling out.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Pretty sure you cannot get meteor anymore with the changes to getting into silver zones. If you can it would only be on DC faction too.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you feel the need to ask for this maybe it's finally time to stop rerolling nonvet chars and actually go to vet.

People that know me will probably find it extremely funny I'm the one saying that. :p
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It would be better if they changed the way gear worked in non vet. For example, have all gear scaled to v15, which is what characters are supposed to be scaled to anyway. This way, players will no longer outlevel their gear every couple of levels and don't have to deal with the annoyance of buying/crafting new gear every other day.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Personally, I do not think this would be beneficial to the health of BWB. I, for one, would always be on a golded-out level 48 with perfect jewelry and whatnot. Meteor on every character. Ew.

Plus half the fun of BWB, imo, is planning out leveling strategies so that my characters are effective at levels 10-50, rather than just grinding out all skills are running a standard character build copied from vet PvP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub