The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Glyph of Weapon damage

BrainDrill
BrainDrill
Soul Shriven
Why i can't create same glyph for increasing my spell damage?
2enmcf6.jpg
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt anyone at ZOS has a decent answer for ya, same way the cp system was extremely biased up until TG

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you need an Itade rune?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do have weapon glyphs that will do spell damage and recover health, magicka, or stamina. They alsp have jewelry glyphs that will increase spell damage.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    They do have weapon glyphs that will do spell damage and recover health, magicka, or stamina. They alsp have jewelry glyphs that will increase spell damage.

Clearly he is referring to the weapon glyph that increases weapon damage not having a similar glyph for weapons. You missed the point.
  • BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe you need an Itade rune?

No, it reduce enemy weapon damage.
    C5BB38DE-A375-81C4-D2F1-76D6F87C8395.png
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    hagermanj wrote: »

Clearly he is referring to the weapon glyph that increases weapon damage not having a similar glyph for weapons. You missed the point.

Its dosen't matter, i mean that u can enchant any weapon: sword, staf and etc. And u can enchant weapon for magic damage, damage absorb to mana/stamina, poison, disease - all in balance for stamina and mana bilds, but only weapon damage enchant don't have same for mana bilds.

Also sorry for my englush :\
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Lore related reason would be, your not attacking with your weapon when you cast a spell, so why should the weapon buff your magic.

Then we have Destro Staffs that scale from Magic, so that goes against that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    A Lore related reason would be, your not attacking with your weapon when you cast a spell, so why should the weapon buff your magic.

Then we have Destro Staffs that scale from Magic, so that goes against that.

I think its pointless, and dont have some Lore reason. I can create weapon damage glyph and enchant staf, so if i atacking staf atacks, why ill be buffed by this enchat? Its have more point to enchant staf for spell damage, beacous staf deal magic damage, and sword/bow for weapon damage.