The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buying a DLC then dropping ESO+, will I keep my progress in that specific DLC?

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
So, I have ESO+, and I feel I'm using it as a 'free trial' of the expansions. Say I buy one of the expansions (for example: Orsinium), then get rid of my ESO+ subscription as I feel I don't need it anymore, will I be able to keep the current status of the main questline in Orsinium?
Basically, if I buy the Orsinium DLC, then drop my ESO+ subscription, will I lose any progress in Orsinium that I have acquired from playing it through ESO+?

Or does it even matter, if I was to drop my ESO+ subscription and then buy Orsinium at some later time (and it'll still keep my progress)?

Please understand that this is my choice as a consumer.
Edited by Benie on March 26, 2016 3:04AM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • THBronx
    THBronx
    ✭✭✭
    Source
    Do I lose all items and rewards earned from DLC if my ESO Plus membership ends?
    No. You will lose access to the DLC areas and quests should your membership lapse (unless you purchase the DLC separately in the Crown Store), but you will keep all items and rewards earned through the content.
    So you should keep your progression when you buy the DLC @ Crown store later on.
    Edited by THBronx on March 26, 2016 6:30AM
    Hadamanthys
    Templar of Ebonheart Pact.
    NA Server.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, that's good. But I guess I should had checked the FAQ first before making this. :/
    I'll try to remember that next time.
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    You will have full access to the progression of any DLC if you decide to drop ESO+. Hypothetically if you went back to ESO+ or even unlocked the DLC on it's own you will still remain with the same progress.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right - all content/progress made is saved to your character, so you'll even retain the Thieves Guild skill line.

What you lose is access to the regions/quests, and you won't be able to put any more points into the TG skill line - it'll be locked, but any points spent will still be active.