The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashes for no reason

LindsC
LindsC
✭✭✭
I just got a new PC. It is running Windows 10. My game will randomly crash for no reason. It goes right back into the log in screen with no error message. Here I am running Windows Proessional and have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 for a graphics card
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Log into my character for a few minutes. Then got kick out back to login screen. For now i cant even play the game due to this issue. EU PC
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Log into my character for a few minutes. Then got kick out back to login screen. For now i cant even play the game due to this issue. EU PC
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My game also crashes after login, Windows 8.1.
    Server: PC EU.
    But only after 10-20 seconds after login it crashes.
    I have the same graphics card(though NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M), it should be more than enough for this game.
    Note: It only happens during prime time, about 16:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT.
    During the night and morning, I'm able to play without any issue.
    I guess it's a server connectivity issue and not a customer hardware issue.
    Edited by Universe on March 26, 2016 7:36PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    I guess it's a server connectivity issue and not a customer hardware issue.

Possibly but not necessarily. I've seen that precise problem as you describe it with a different game and it was hardware.

Eg. if your power supply is only just barely coping then it can be overwhelmed during busy times (for the game) probably rendering all those extra players. Power supply to the network card be interrupted causing disconnects. You can test that by reducing your graphics settings which should lower power consumption. If the disconnects stop then your power supply might be the culprit. Overheating is another possibility to consider.
    Edited by Nerouyn on March 27, 2016 10:27AM
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Been having the same problem as well today, I did get 6 crash reports as well. I have had maybe 6 disconnects in the last 6-8 months and that was usually in a huge battle and over numbering players in one area, even then it was rare. But today I have had 4 just log me out usually teleporting to either nickel or bleakers and 6 crash where I got to wright a report. All 6 crashers where in different places and nothing happening at all within miles.

Seems strange I have been one of these guys always hearing about these crashes and now from today I can't play.

ps:- does not matter if i'm running 32 or 64 bit client.
    Edited by Grampa_Smurf on March 28, 2016 5:24AM

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a EU PC, using windows 10. Since the last patch I've also been getting random crashes. Before then, I was one of the lucky ones with barely a problem. Since, lag, stutters, crashes. Very annoying.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • martinandreas99b16_ESO
    martinandreas99b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    EU PC, logs me out after a second of play
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try using the 64-bit client, it worked for me. C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You could try using the 64-bit client, it worked for me. C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client

Fixed it for me