The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frame Drops and/or Lag Ever Since Thieves Guild DLC

VelociousLegend
VelociousLegend
✭✭✭
After updating to the latest Thieves Guild patch, my game is choppy and at times unplayable. Frames are dropping and/or the game is lagging. It even occurs in underpopulated areas in PvE zones and even at off-peak times of day. I'd assumed this was due to everyone updating and the system acclimating to the new update, but the choppy frames and lag have not improved.

This was not the case prior to the update. Is this a known issue for XB1 and are there other XB1 players having similar issues? Any help on this ZOS?
Xbox - NA
GT: VelociousLegend
PC - NA
@VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Ason_SWE
    Ason_SWE
    Also experiencing extremly bad performance after Thieves Guild patch. Doesn't matter if it is heavily populated or underpopulated areas, or if it's during peak hours or not, have same bad performance regardless.

I have even tryed to re-download and re-install the game on the internal harddrive, a SSD and a regular 1TB extern harddrive, same result on all.

Not having fun anymore, game is unplayeble.

=(
  • Gawmonster
    Gawmonster
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Also, shortly after loading into a new zone (indoors, outdoors, anywhere there is a load screen), the game will load again where it normally wouldn't. Third issue I've noticed since patching is an unbearably long load time for NPCs (invisible bankers etc). Takes up to a minute or two for them to be interactable again. Annoying but not game breaking when it is a shop keep but when it is a combat quest npc and they're invisible, unhittable, and wailing on you? Not cool.
  • x5ofspadez
    x5ofspadez
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly its been better in Cyrodiil for me than in regular pvE areas in the last few days. I find it amazing that they havent responded? If they have i missed it.
    XBOX NA EP Knights of Athena
    Marijan V16 Magicka Templar
    Sloba V16 Magicka Nightblade
    Danica V16 Magicka Sorc (AD)
    Dat Lady V7 Stamina Sorc
    Radvan V3 Stamplar
    Grobari V1 Magicka DK
    Zeljiko V1 Magicka Nightblade
    Ganks-From-Shadows L20 Magicka Nightblade BwB

PC NA DC Wings of Fate
    Arienne L'Mortelle V7 Magicka Nightblade