The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'Your DirectX system is unsupported'' cant play the game

Digielf
Digielf
✭✭✭
When i try to log in after thieve's guild update i alway get error 'Your DirectX system is unsupported'' and i cant log in, i saw the post that says i need Dirext11 but i already have dirext11 so what is this stupid error?

• xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    32bit client or 64bit client ,What GPU are you using and what Operating System are you using ?
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭
    xxxdcxxx wrote: »
    32bit client or 64bit client ,What GPU are you using and what Operating System are you using ?

i dont know, i have windows 7 and my pc is black coloured, i suddenly cant play it since the thieve's guild patch
  • xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    Try opening the game in 32bit client bro and when did u purchase your pc , cos older PC can't handle the game anymore
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does your graphics card support DX11? If not then you can have it yes but you cant use it.
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭
    Does your graphics card support DX11? If not then you can have it yes but you cant use it.

i type in dxdiag on startup and it says clearly: DirectX Version: DirectX 11 + i run many other modern games that need Dirext11 i dont know what they did but this error will throw away even the remaining people who gave a second chance to this game. It ran fine until now but with this patch they killed it
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doflamingo wrote: »

i type in dxdiag on startup and it says clearly: DirectX Version: DirectX 11 + i run many other modern games that need Dirext11 i dont know what they did but this error will throw away even the remaining people who gave a second chance to this game. It ran fine until now but with this patch they killed it

That doesnt matter. All that means is you have it installed. It doesnt mean your graphics card supports it. Do you know what graphics card is in it?
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭

That doesnt matter. All that means is you have it installed. It doesnt mean your graphics card supports it. Do you know what graphics card is in it?

not really but its surely not my fault otherwise how can i run the division or black ops 3 but not eso which has even worse graphics than skyrim
  • FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    You can check what GPU you have with either some Programm like CPU-Z or check in your device manager.If you need help,some informations are required.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most recent update removed any DX9 support from the game, now you need a video card that supports DX11

IF you use DXDIAG in your run menu, a window will pop up and that will tell you what video card you have. However, with this change, if you do not have a DX11 compatible card, the game will not launch.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

not really but its surely not my fault otherwise how can i run the division or black ops 3 but not eso which has even worse graphics than skyrim

Because both those game support DX9 and DX10. ESO does not anymore. Most likely the problem is your video card doesnt support dx11. If you can find out what video card it is i can tell you for sure.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because both those game support DX9 and DX10. ESO does not anymore. Most likely the problem is your video card doesnt support dx11. If you can find out what video card it is i can tell you for sure.

Neither of those games run in dx9 or 10. Where did you get that info from?
    Edited by danno8 on March 25, 2016 2:33PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, Technical support can probably help you but what I would try is delete your UserSettings.txt file (the game will repopulate it automatically), run a repair and hope the game fixes the problem itself.

Also, dxdiag will tell you what graphics card you have. The minimum for all types of systems are:

http://solidlystated.com/hardware/list-of-directx-12-and-directx-11-compatible-video-cards/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to check the DirectX feature level, not the DirectX version.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2662706/#Comment_2662706
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All we really need to know is what video card it is. As far as black ops 3 I know for a fact it runs on a DX10 system because I run it on a video card I had to replace to play ESO because it did not support DX11. I dont own the division so I cant say on that for a fact.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we really need to know is what video card it is. As far as black ops 3 I know for a fact it runs on a DX10 system because I run it on a video card I had to replace to play ESO because it did not support DX11. I dont own the division so I cant say on that for a fact.

That's interesting because here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Minimum-System-Requirements , it clearly says it requires DX11. What card are you using for BO3?

I mean I assume Activision didn't write two compilers secretly, one in DX10 and one in DX11, so that card you are using must be DX11 compatible.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

That's interesting because here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Minimum-System-Requirements , it clearly says it requires DX11. What card are you using for BO3?

I mean I assume Activision didn't write two compilers secretly, one in DX10 and one in DX11, so that card you are using must be DX11 compatible.

I dont know what to tell you about that one. It runs just fine on my Raedon 4770 which says its using dx 10.1.
  • thejynxed
    thejynxed
    If you want to easily identify your GPU, etc on Windows, Speccy by Piriform (the company that makes CCleaner) is easy to use and can even tell you the details of your monitor under the Graphics tab.

It's one of the better hardware identifiers out there.

For instance, it even tells me the build revision of my GPU (not that I really care unless there is an insurmountable physical hardware bug that requires an RMA of the device, but still).

Edit: Note, there is a rather common bug in systems that have both onboard and discrete GPU where sometimes games will only detect the onboard GPU causing all sorts of issues because the system doesn't properly swap over to the discrete GPU when the game is started. There is a fix/workaround for this even mentioned by ZOS in their sticky thread at the top of the support forum.
    Edited by thejynxed on March 26, 2016 1:23AM