Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need sorc help - Maelstrom Vet: Argonian Behemoth (Round 7)

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Im seriously at a loss here. Ive been stuck on the boss for 3 hours. Let me tell you about my sorc:
Jullianosx5 magicka divines
Archmagex3 magicka divines
willpower arcane spell power

100 points in bastion, etc. (they're in the right spots for a sorc)

My issue is too much damage at once. I understand to avoid the flower poison things and i stay away from the behemoth but no matter what as soon as the mages spawn I instantly die even if my shields are up. My shields get burnt down and then before I can even weapon swap to recast shields im already dead from a single 20k+ attack after being rained on with other attacks. Its just ridiculous, how am I supposed to handle this amount of damage all at once? Sometimes I can get through but maybe one time I got the boss to 50%. Mostly I end up casting wards until im out of magicka. ITs relentless. Like I said, im at a loss. I dont know what else to do and am going insane. Im working hard for this and need some advice. Ive watched videos and whatnot but honestly when I try to do the same thing its just not ending up anywhere as lucky as others.
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you interrupting the boss when it screams? It turns instakill if you do. Possibly you're hitting it with crushing shock. We've all been there and did that after normal MA made you interrupt it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you interrupting the boss when it screams? It turns instakill if you do. Possibly you're hitting it with crushing shock. We've all been there and did that after normal MA made you interrupt it.

Yes, im hitting it with crushing shock. It seems to be doing its job, is this bad to use?
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo don't use any interupt on the boss on round 7 if you interupt him he enrages and one shots u just use whatever you can to dps him during that phase except crushing shock
    Edited by Bofrari on March 23, 2016 11:49PM
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I kept killing the mobs before he screamed not entering the orb. Now im getting close to killing him its just the BS timing of everything. Just a matter of time now! Thanks!
    Edited by Lord_Wrath on March 23, 2016 11:28PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Ok I kept killing the mobs before he screamed not entering the orb. Now im getting close to killing him its just the BS timing of everything. Just a matter of time now! Thanks!

Yep when it screams chuck an aoe on it and give the shield minder 2 heavy attacks and then wreck it and when the scream stops. They have a nasty charge and stun attack straight away so weaken them when they can't move.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I promise you this: Kill only one of the mage adds, then go stand in the other add's bubble. Do not interupt the boss; let him finish the entire phase, then kill the mage add, and rinse & repeat. This will be substantially easier for you.