Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New patch has made it unbearable to play.

Destyran
Destyran
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. After the new patch i suffer atrocious lag in all areas and when i engage in combat it can take me upto 5secs to switch bars or use a ability then i roll back to where i was 10seconds ago. How can i fix this. Feels like frame rate issues. I have never experienced a framerate issue on any console/console game before.

Is there a fix in settings for this???
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never experienced lag and fps drop on console before? Well uhh.......

Welcome to ESO! You will get plenty of it. Chances are you were playing during prime time ot close to hundreds of players. There is no fix in the settings sadly for the lag :(
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt there like a "low" "medium" and "High" if you get what i mean how could they push this out? How could MS let them??
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game seems to get worse by every update....

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll pass.

Everyone is trying it out, downloading the patch etc.

Last one was like it.
  • falcatatimes01
    falcatatimes01
    Soul Shriven
    There's a lot of problems with the new patch, firstly the bosses don't drop anything (apparently we have to wait until next week for that to be fixed.)

Gamers haven't got a free skill reset or a free champion point reset even though there have been major changes.

All round it seems quite unfair that we'll now have to pay out to fix our skills.
  • ShadowFoxx
    Game freezes/crashes and lags/stutters so bad it's unplayable, glad I held off on the TG. Hope alot of others did as well.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does happen mostly in crowded city areas. I had a delve to myself tonight and everything was smooth there. Went back to town with loot and, yup, frame rate drops and audio glitches. No freezes or getting punted off the server at least.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of problems with the new patch, firstly the bosses don't drop anything (apparently we have to wait until next week for that to be fixed.)

Gamers haven't got a free skill reset or a free champion point reset even though there have been major changes.

All round it seems quite unfair that we'll now have to pay out to fix our skills.

To be fair, there were many, many complaints when ZOS forced a skill point reset with a recent DLC. People complained that they were not prepared, although there were warnings in the patch notes and in the forums in advance of the DLC. And for those of us who were aware of the coming change it took quite a bit of time to put all the skill points back in place. So ZOS is betwixt a hard place and a stone on this one.

As for resetting champion points (CP), it is a task but it is not as daunting or as far reaching as skill points, nor is it as expensive. 3,000 gold is annoying but it should not bankrupt casual players. Moreover, in terms of the mechanics, the scope of the change appears to be limited to just a few stars in the CP constellations.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jellicles wrote: »

To be fair, there were many, many complaints when ZOS forced a skill point reset with a recent DLC. People complained that they were not prepared, although there were warnings in the patch notes and in the forums in advance of the DLC. And for those of us who were aware of the coming change it took quite a bit of time to put all the skill points back in place. So ZOS is betwixt a hard place and a stone on this one.

As for resetting champion points (CP), it is a task but it is not as daunting or as far reaching as skill points, nor is it as expensive. 3,000 gold is annoying but it should not bankrupt casual players. Moreover, in terms of the mechanics, the scope of the change appears to be limited to just a few stars in the CP constellations.

Simple fix, Don't reset the player skills, just offer a Skill reset scroll with the update. Players can use the scroll or not, but it wont cost them anything if they do.

JB
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, not all of us slavishly check the forums every day. Past couple non-DLC patches I learned about when I went to play and it started downloading the patch. The free reset scroll was best idea.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing a lot of lag (framerate, delays, and audio drop). Thought it would just be in heavily populated areas like Vulkhel Guard, but even the remote locations I loaded up are having the same problems. First time I ever experienced lag in Malabal Tor.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing a lot of lag (framerate, delays, and audio drop). Thought it would just be in heavily populated areas like Vulkhel Guard, but even the remote locations I loaded up are having the same problems. First time I ever experienced lag in Malabal Tor.

Yeah i am in gold area and lagging out not being able to change bars or activate skills. Its really frustrating. Its probably because 527384926515 people are just spamming proxy
  • ShadowFoxx
    Along with the freezing and frame rate drops in city's I also noticed the rendering in of npc's and environment seems to be slightly delayed as well, taking longer than usual and the controls are alot less responsive or not activating at all so it takes multiple tries to activate an ability. I hit my ultimate over and over last night trying to use it and it just would not work. ZOS really needs to look into this for us.
    Edited by ShadowFoxx on March 25, 2016 3:29PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Destyran Spawn at Abahs's Landing Wayshrine. Activate Rapid Maneuvers, mount up, and sprint to the town Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking station.

You will witness insane lag, stutters, audio buzzes, black character models, extremely low-res loading scenery, severe fps drops, NPCs taking 15-30sec to spawn, etc. All in one. Worse is when this occurs during combat in PVE, which it now does as opposed to the entire history of ESO so far on console. This patch's performance will have some terribly negative impacts on the game :(
    Edited by Vaoh on March 26, 2016 2:16AM
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    They broke ps4 too. Same issues.
  • Ason_SWE
    Ason_SWE
    Experience same thing, very bad performance after Thieves Guild update. =(

Here is one example, in Wrothgar during early morning hours, didn't see any other player around.

http://tinyurl.com/gmxsxzp
    Edited by Ason_SWE on March 28, 2016 2:47PM