Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exactly how many Lights of Merida do you need for the attack on Molag Bal?

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
Title says it all. The game never explains exactly how many Lights of Meridia the player needs to take the fight to Molag Bal. Is it 4? Is it 5? Hell if I know.
Plus, I didn't get the shard after completing Haj Uxith (sided with letting the Hist tree die).

So, how many does the player need to feel ready to advance the questline?
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lights of Meridia are really just for the achievement. It's been awhile since I did CH main quests, but if I remember correctly, two of the five lights are pretty much given to you whether you like it or not. You could finish and move on without ever picking up the rest. Basically, you don't need them.