The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

magika DK BS!

itzeffect
itzeffect
✭✭✭
was facing a magik DK and sorc with the shittiest damage but somehow unlimited CC... what the hell, kept talons on me 100% of the time so i had to just sit in it and keep bubbling.. what the actual ***
champion 600+
50 high elf templar (stormproof)
50 redguard templar
50 redguard DK (stormproof)
50 high elf sorc
50 redguard nightblade
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've spammed moar shields!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to spamable immobilizes.

Magica DK's and Sorc's haven them their class skill lines at a relatively low cost stamina builds have them at a very low cost in the bow skill line with bombard.

Snares, roots, and immobilizes are insanely overpowered with very few counters and a few counters they do have come with escalating costs.

It's dumb, add to that immobilize followed by a hard cc effect is extremely difficult to break out of ex cripple into fear and the PVP portion of this quickly degenerates into a mess, of well just un-fun.

Your going to see this a lot in the future I hope you develop a love of it.
    Edited by acw37162 on March 22, 2016 10:28PM
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immobilises are soft CC and aren't affected by CC immunity.
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    it's all well and good when i have a freind there to push but when 1vx it is the most *** *** ever
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • InBedWithMySelf
    InBedWithMySelf
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, roots/immobilizations need to be looked it, it should be possible to root someone 24/7 like that.
  • InBedWithMySelf
    InBedWithMySelf
    ✭✭✭
    need to be looked at*
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.. Maybe you could understand the class and realize they have crap mobility. Then who knows...? Bubbling? Are you talking about Blazing Shield?
    Phoebe Anderson
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rapid Maneuver's. Their is a reason this is an assault skill for alliance war purposes.
    PS4 NA DC
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.. Maybe you could understand the class and realize they have crap mobility. Then who knows...? Bubbling? Are you talking about Blazing Shield?

no i was sorc and i could get away but there's no point running 24/7? what will that lead to
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    As Dk's we can't run and we can't hide. We have very little defense (especially now thanks to scales bug on console). We have no viable shields and no healing. Any healing we do do is based on damage. So if you get away and we can't damage you we can't heal. So if we can't run you can't either. Dk's excel at control and it's just about the only thing we excel at. Suck it up butter cup. Nothing has changed from the last patch or the one before that as far as talons and other roots are concerned.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really ? Crying about DKs again ESO is back here again ?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Really ? Crying about DKs again ESO is back here again ?

I know right?!
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    ok calm it, don't get all defensive. simply think that being able to keep a enemy pinned an entire fight is a tab BS is all
    Edited by itzeffect on March 23, 2016 2:16AM
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzeffect wrote: »
    ok calm it, don't get all defensive. simply think that being able to keep a enemy pinned an entire fight is a tab BS is all

it is also impossible, there are many counters

have you tried slotting purge?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And sorcerers able to cast endless supply of damage shields becoming better tanks than tanks isn't or night blades able to restart the battle with cloak isn't ? Or Meteor being unrefelctable because ZOS said it wasn't on par with the other ultimates either though it was one of the most used and powerful ultimates in the game already isn't ? what about the damn magicka META ? Is that fair is that not BS as you are putting it ?

So dragon knights got a small buff isn't mean their broken. I am sorry if you think dragon knights sound defensive but they finally got a small buff be though only to magicka type builds they still got buffed and the magicka ones are probably gonna try to keep it.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on March 23, 2016 2:23AM
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    don't have room for purge :s and yes everyone has their BS moves, not saying only DK's have a stupid spam but this in particular is very frustrating for me is all
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't have room for purge :s and yes everyone has their BS moves, not saying only DK's have a stupid spam but this in particular is very frustrating for me is all

if you don't have room for an ability that hard counters roots, snares, seige, and dots then you probably shouldn't complain about any of those things. purge is a very valuable skill, try putting it on your overload bar as a sorc
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    ok i feel i should make my self clear, i am not making some verbal attack on DK's to get them nerfed or anything, just pissed that i couldn't handle what happened to me, i will find a way around it like with most stuoid things that go on in pvp. this was just a little *** post, calm down :)
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Immobalizes should have their own cc cap. So say you use a hard cc, then a soft cc, then the enemy shouldnt be effected by either for at least 10 seconds.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Build = Efficient Purge
    Stamina Build = Shuffle

Problem solved. Make use of these skills!

Edit: Bolt Escape is your best friend.
    Edited by Vaoh on March 23, 2016 8:35AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI, as a sorc you have even better immobilize spam than the DK. Restraining prison roots for longer, covers larger area, and applies a snare after the root expires.
    Edited by Sharee on March 23, 2016 8:26AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no i was sorc and i could get away but there's no point running 24/7? what will that lead to

another streak nerf :D
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was probably more frustrating for the 2 spam CC'ing you and couldn't kill you due to spam shielding..just saying.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about running purify? Or FotM pew pew nuke build got you thinking you can destroy anything with 4 buttons while chugging a beer? Honest question, because you were fighting a group working together to burn your stam and pin you down.
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? You couldn't live forever while spamming shields against 2 attackers? Oh the horror! It's almost like rock can kill scissors.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB