The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

why is eso not responding

chatiss
chatiss
Soul Shriven
elder scrolls online not responding. Laptop MSI leopard G60 nvidia Geforce 950m windows 7 64 bit. 16 gb ram ssd and 1 tb
Launch game as administrator, Pause, blue circle of mouse, quick flash of launch window, then grey screen ... message is elder scrolls online not responding.
This game was working but had not played in for a few weeks, and when launched, this was the result. uninstalled and reinstalled ... no difference.
  • Tosfoy
    Tosfoy
    ✭✭
    Maybe your anti-virus is blocking it?
    Big RPG Fan, Love mmorpg's as well
  • chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    I have: made exception for ESO in Bitdefender;
    I do not have: usersettings.txt file anywhere
    I have installed, repaired, reinstalled maybe 6 times ... no change.
    I have read threads but not found solution, including, uninstall flash, reinstall etcetcetc

• chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    sorry i didnt see your reply ... not using this support chat faithfully as yet. very sorry
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do not have usersettings.txt file in your Elder Scrolls online \ live directory then you need to reinstall the game or repair the files.

IT should be in documents, elder scrolls, live, usersettings.txt
    Master Debater
  • chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    yep, been there done that, I did a 100% clean install after last upgrade, (which is when all this problem started), and have repaired, reinstalled, and still .txt file does not install.
    actually repaired and reinstalled 3 times.. 35 gbs take overnite and my connect speed of 10mbs from my provider.
    so if there is something else ..
    have invidia GeForce GTX 950M Intel i7 4720hq @ 2.60 ghz game is installed on TB hard drive not SSD. SSD is only 128 and have other progs n games like GW2 (works perfectly)
  • chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    the thing is this was working perfectly until that last upgrade of ESO ... so ... confuzzed n disappointed
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/611701360826896362/ See if that helps. I dunno if it will, but it worked for a friend.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    Well I will definitely give it a try. Getting desperate
  • chatiss
    chatiss
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry to say that once again .. black screen. Elder Scrolls Not responding. Have audio but no game video. Anyone have a hat to pull a rabbit out of?
    The support people say they are too busy to help and refuse to go beyond send my the auto reply with their passion to help. Just cant figure out .. help whom?