Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(BUG?) Inconsistent Healing with Breath of Life?

Eiagra
Eiagra
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello. I'm having some difficulty narrowing down some inconsistencies with the numbers I'm seeing in my combat hud for healing spells. Here's the problem I'm running into:

When I cast Breath of Life, I get the following results...

BARE-HANDED
Max Magicka: 25509
Tooltip: 4658 Healing
Low Roll: 4955 Normal, 8175 CRIT
High Roll: 6385 Normal, 10535 CRIT (29% higher)

Healing a party member results in a consistent 4765 Normal, 7862 CRIT.

Spell is cast while at full health, in town, with no one else around and no NPCs in range. Mending II should not be having an impact.

Same result when using dual-wield or restoration staff, with an oddity noted below.

Champion Point modifiers:
Quick Recovery (10): +4% Healing Received
Blessed (10): +5% Healing Done

Two issues are thusly noted here.

1.) For some reason, the game is randomly healing me for less than it should be. Given the high roll is roughly 30% higher, it seems as though Breath of Life is sometimes failing to apply the bonus healing to the caster.

2.) Dual-Wield critical heals for Breath of Life are, for some reason, squeezing just a bit more healing out for the high roll. (it was 33% higher instead of 29% higher)

At first I thought it might have been related to either the dual-wield mechanics or to the enchants somehow, but further testing made me realize my weapons and enchant had nothing to do with it at all. (I did have the numbers up, but removed them since it appears they are not relevant data.)

There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to when I get the low roll. It just randomly decides not to give me the 30% extra healing for being the caster of Breath of Life.

Is anyone else noticing this? @ZOS_GinaBruno - would you know if this is perhaps a known (or unknown) bug?

Any other troubleshooting ideas you have, or info you think might be related, let me know and I'll do what I can.
      In verity.