Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is TESO in the top five in mmos with the highest population?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
Which games would you say are top 5?

1. WoW
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For sure top five but no idea the order.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really think WoW would have a high population - you would wonder how many users games from Zynga have - those are crappy games but tens of millions of players login daily into them. MMOs are not even near the top 5.

Edit: well, my bad, you asked about MMOs - I should read more carefully next time, sorry
    Edited by Lysette on March 22, 2016 12:14PM
    Options
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to say cause ESO are on 3 platforms (Xbox ps4 pc) and Most of the other mmo's are only on pc...
    I heared that there are more Players on consoles as in pc (ESO)
    So i think only from a perpectiv pc ESO player vs other PC mmo's Place 4 or 5
    Options
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    You really think WoW would have a high population - you would wonder how many users games from Zynga have - those are crappy games but tens of millions of players login daily into them. MMOs are not even near the top 5.

He said MMO and I assume in the traditional sense. Does Wow play anything like a Zynga game? Had he said top 5 games you would have a point

As for the OP... I would say it is close but we would never know as most MMOs do not release that kind of info. FFXIV might be 2 or 3
    Options
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFXIV would probably be two on the list. I wonder if SWTOR, rift and gw2 has more players than teso?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
    Options
  • Digital_Frontier
    Digital_Frontier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 World of Warcraft Activision Blizzard
    2 Lineage I NCSoft
    3 TERA: Online En Masse Entertainment
    4 Star Wars: The Old Republic Electronic Arts
    5 Blade & Soul NCSoft

Top 5 from Januar 2016. So i dont think ESO ist in Top 5, two months later.
    Edited by Digital_Frontier on March 22, 2016 12:26PM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nolangrady wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »

He said MMO and I assume in the traditional sense. Does Wow play anything like a Zynga game? Had he said top 5 games you would have a point

As for the OP... I would say it is close but we would never know as most MMOs do not release that kind of info. FFXIV might be 2 or 3

Yeah, that is why I edited my post immediately and put the blame on me.
    Options
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of mmo? p2p or b2p or f2p?
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    FFXIV would probably be two on the list. I wonder if SWTOR, rift and gw2 has more players than teso?

SWTOR is doing very well right now, apparently they had a boom in subscribers last year, around the time movie with something to do with awakening came out, not sure why... :smirk:

TBH I don't mind how big ESO is as long as they're making enough income to fund the running of the game. EVE Online has a very small subscriber number compared to the big MMO games out there but it's still doing fantastic.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Digital_Frontier
    Digital_Frontier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »
    What kind of mmo? p2p or b2p or f2p?

My List ? Top 5 with p2p Option...
    Options
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭