The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I AM So Confused About Champion Points And Which Be Best To Use In PvP

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. So I started theorycrafting and making my pvp build for the first time. Instead of using someone elses. No offense. Sure there are alot of good builds out there that I used and loved. But it is time for me to make something unique. To try something new. My pvp build is 85% complete. But I need to do lots of tests first hand. Before I post build.

However I have a very nasty issue of my doing. To be frank. I um put all my champion points in everything. Truly. But I am starting to think that it was a bad idea. But on how to put champion points is so confusing :blush: Instead of me putting everything everywhere :neutral: What will be best option for just pvp? For example my main is a bow. My other is a Great sword. Should I put most of my points in bow and heavy weapon. Or Heavy armor also since I have a 5 piece heavy? I am so confused.

I am mostly stamina. Some magicka for reflective scales and ingenous shield. I am a dps also. I am a woodelf and using the warrior boon. The only poison I use is from a morph from bommbard I think and snipe. Please help me understand in simpler terms of each champion tree does also. Many thanks all :smiley: I also have 320 cp currently
Edited by Serjustin19 on March 22, 2016 11:22PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stamina get 501cp. Work for passive. 120 in ritual, lover and lady. Add remaining points to stamina cost reduction. 37 in crit reduction, remaining healing received. 30 into blessed, rest into mighty or thurm.

Run 5 medium minimum.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you want all 501 cp
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP allocations

Green put all points in Mooncalf and then Warlord
    Red put all points in Elemental Defender and then Hardy
    Blue put all points in Mighty(Physical Damage) and the rest in Precise Strikes

If you switch to Magicka just change Green and Blue to fit your new build.
    Edited by Robbmrp on March 22, 2016 9:10PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do not really need Precise Strikes, I have to repeat this very often.. Precise Strikes does:

Lets take 20% more crit by Precise Strikes as an Example:

100% normal damage
    150% crit damage
    50% is the "added crit damage", Precise Strikes will ONLY apply to this 50%, not to the 150% total damage!

So 20% more "crit damage by precise strikes" = 50 * 1,2 = 60% so 160% overall crit damage and NOT 150*1,2 = 180% crit dmg!! (wrong)

Only the Shadow Mundus stone applies to the total 150%, making 165% out of it.

If you use many DoTs or Channeled Attacks, I strongly suggest to pick up Thaumaturge, and to only put some, not too many, CP into more crit damage!

If you play mostly alone (ganking) and you want to go for max crit dmg (what is possible), than use Rearming Trap (read the skill), Precise Strike CP and Shadow Mundus Stone BUT remember, that there are many ppl who use absorb shields (mostly sorc), which are not affected by crit and there is new armor, which gives a high crit-dmg resistance, as well as people who use impetrable trait!

So, in PvP, you might be better-off, if you focus more on pure weapon dmg, or high stamina, instead of crit damage!

Edited by Francescolg on March 22, 2016 9:19PM
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    As stamina get 501cp. Work for passive. 120 in ritual, lover and lady. Add remaining points to stamina cost reduction. 37 in crit reduction, remaining healing received. 30 into blessed, rest into mighty or thurm.

Run 5 medium minimum.

Blessed is not making the stamina heals go up..
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    You do not really need Precise Strikes, I have to repeat this very often.. Precise Strikes does:

100% normal damage
    150% crit damage
    50% is the "added crit damage", Precise Strikes will ONLY apply to this 50%, not to the 150% total damage!

So 20% more "crit damage by precise strikes" = 50 * 1,2 = 60% so 160% overall crit damage and NOT 150*1,2 = 180% crit dmg!! (wrong)

If you use many DoTs or Channeled Attacks, I strongly suggest to pick up Thaumaturge, and to only put some, not too many, CP into more crit damage!

If you play mostly alone (ganking) and you want to go for max crit dmg (what is possible), than use Rearming Trap (read the skill), Precise Strike CP and Shadow Mundus Stone BUT remember, that there are many ppl who use absorb shields (mostly sorc), which are not affected by crit and there is new armor, which gives a high crit-dmg resistance, as well as people who use impetrable trait!

So, in PvP, you might be better-off, if you focus more on pure weapon dmg, or high stamina, instead of crit damage!

So I did some testing today and it seemed as though my dmg went higher with points in precise strikes then piercing. 100 mighty seems to be a no brainer though. The other 67 is the tricky part. Thaumatage is nice but really depends on how often the dots hit. I got a few into thaumatage for PI and arrow barrage. That leaves your light and heavy attacks and shield damage. I throw a few into bow and a few into sword heavies (why they are split I have no idea...) and then about 5 into shield dmg will help against sorcs.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Run 5 medium minimum.
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Yeah you want all 501 cp

Thank you. You two. :) I only have 320 cp currently. I need get more though. I was wondering since I only have 320cp will I be alright if I balance?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    CP allocations

Green put all points in Mooncalf and then Warlord
    Red put all points in Elemental Defender and then Hardy
    Blue put all points in Mighty(Physical Damage) and the rest in Precise Strikes

If you switch to Magicka just change Green and Blue to fit your new build.

Thanks for clarifying :smile:
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoS_smoke wrote: »

100% normal damage
    150% crit damage

So I did some testing today and it seemed as though my dmg went higher with points in precise strikes then piercing. 100 mighty seems to be a no brainer though. The other 67 is the tricky part. Thaumatage is nice but really depends on how often the dots hit. I got a few into thaumatage for PI and arrow barrage. That leaves your light and heavy attacks and shield damage. I throw a few into bow and a few into sword heavies (why they are split I have no idea...) and then about 5 into shield dmg will help against sorcs.

Thank you both. Very in depth description. Even though I have 320 cp currently. I go balance. I think I be ok.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't know what to use, you could always go into no cp campaign's.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't know what to use, you could always go into no cp campaign's.

I am too high for blackwater. I mean Vetran 6 I am. Tried going back in Azura Star. But still unplayable for me. Freezing every 2 minutes sadly. Thanks for suggestions though. Really good idea.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 1, 2016 3:24PM