The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Plus DLC question

jaekobcaed
jaekobcaed
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I usually make a point of not paying subscription fees for games if they're over $10 as money is quite tight at this point, but after ~1 year of playing ESO, this is the first game that changed my mind on that. I plan to get it as soon as I can. I was looking into ESO plus and noticed it's an insanely good value but I have a quick question: if I subscribe now, will I receive access to previous DLCs, or just the DLCs that come out while I'm subscribed? I assume it's the latter, but I'm hoping it's the former as I don't think I can afford ESO plus AND all of the DLCs at once.

Thanks for any answers you can give. :)
Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
[PC/NA]
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the former :-) Subscription gives you access to all DLCs, even previous to your sub. Enjoy ;-)

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on March 22, 2016 12:08AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ but only for as long as your sub lasts. Once your sub runs out, you don't have DLC access any more, unless you use some of the Crowns that you got for your ESO Plus to unlock them with.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh, I see. Sorry for the late reply, I had forgotten about this thread for a few days. Thanks guys, I appreciate the response. :)
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Grizza709
    Grizza709
    Soul Shriven
    Another question, since I've been considering getting ESO Plus: Can you take any race to any alliance? I was wondering this, since I don't really like Elves and they make up most of the Dominion Alliance.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Grizza709 wrote: »
    Another question, since I've been considering getting ESO Plus: Can you take any race to any alliance? I was wondering this, since I don't really like Elves and they make up most of the Dominion Alliance.

Not fully sure what your question is looking for but:
    1. Your character can, once finishing the main quest (and your starting alliance areas) start to do the quests for the other alliances through the Cadwell series of quests
    2. If you wanted full freedom to play any race wthin the starter areas of any alliance, you will need to purchase the DLC to allow you to do this
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO plus gives you the following for the monthly membership .....

•Access to all DLC game packs
    •Crowns to spend on the in-game store (currently 1500 per month)
    •10% bonus to experience points gain
    •10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    •10% bonus to trait research time
    •10% bonus to gold acquisition

If you want to play any race in any alliance you will need to purchase the Adventure Pack from the Crown Store for 1,900 crowns. It is not included with ESO Plus.

There is also an Imperial Edition Upgrade for purchase that has other benefits, one of the allows you to play the Imperial race in any alliance.