Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Learning to craft

Not_Lucas
Not_Lucas
I'm starting to learn how to craft but I'm not sure about a few things. To craft sets it requires that you have a minimum amount of traits, is that per armour piece?
Is there a video or website where I can gather this information already?
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is per piece.. I have created a crafter Aid (link in sig) feel free to try it out.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not_Lucas wrote: »
    I'm starting to learn how to craft but I'm not sure about a few things. To craft sets it requires that you have a minimum amount of traits, is that per armour piece?
    Is there a video or website where I can gather this information already?

You have been given some good sources of information on Traits.

Here is some advice. You can make some powerful sets only knowing 2 or 3 traits on each item you want to make and some of the best overall stuff in the game knowing 6 traits. You can get this done if you focus first on the items you will use, as opposed to learning the traits on everything. So, I would concentrate on learning the first 2/3 traits on each item you use, then get those to 6 traits, before starting to learn the traits on the other items.

So, 7 Armors, maybe a shield, and one or two weapon types.

Then, once you have 5 or 6 on the main items you use, then learn the traits on the other items so you can make anything for anyone or for different characters who will use different gear.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"