Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Improving Mats Proposal

Duiwel
Duiwel
✭✭✭✭✭
Implement a drop down menu with a select item option ( for multiple items ) when improving mats & also have it so that it stays on the max improving temper if you selected that ( this is now for mass gear creation )
Edited by Duiwel on March 20, 2016 10:47AM
@Duiwel:
Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."

Improving Mats Proposal 10 votes

I agree they should implement something to ease the mass improving of created gear
40%
heledironSaynnaGeorgeBlackshadowwraith666 4 votes
I enjoy wasting my time and clicking x100000000 times and slowly wearing my mouse out
20%
Easily_LostBehk 2 votes
This is the greatest idea since Sheogorath invented Cheese!
0%
I don't craft....
0%
I don't care...
20%
LolssiAlorier 2 votes
Ooooh look a sweet roll!
20%
Esquire1980g_ESOCalidus1 2 votes
Other, see my suggestion below
0%
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why should they take away the option to select the number of tempers via scrolling your mouse wheel and replace it with a drop down menu? That doesn't look like a convenient change. However I agree that saving the number of tempers you selected would be a nice change.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they should implement something to ease the mass improving of created gear
    I think OP has two separate suggestions:
    - Improvement of multiple items in one operation
    - Improvement should remember the chance%

All the game operations are now one item at a time operations. Some addons help this with inventory filtering. But yes, checkboxes to select items and then drop own menu operations to act over the selection would be an improvement. That's how all list UIs should work today.

I never improve with below-100% chance. In fact i think the improvement chance is useless feature. Just drop it. But i agree remembering would be good. Or even simpler would be that 100% is the default. I use Tweakit addon to do exactly that, and it skips the then-unnecessary warning dialog too.
    Edited by helediron on March 20, 2016 11:36AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they take away the option to select the number of tempers via scrolling your mouse wheel and replace it with a drop down menu

Please quote me where I said they should do that.

What I suggest is if you are crafting en masse ( it means a lot ) then you should be able to just select the 8 tempers ( for 100% chance ) if your crafting is high enough or the corresponding number if your crafting isn't and you should be able to just select from a drop down menu all the items you want to upgrade with 8 tempers. not one by one and have to wait for the item to improve. Same can be said for enchanting instead of waiting for the glyphs to be made ( the three rune words being said ) you should be able to select a number ( scroll wheel can work fine or a number input method ) and then just create it once and you will have the number you wanted.

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."