The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant Lag

Toc de Malsvi
Toc de Malsvi
✭✭✭✭✭
I played ESO in the beta and on PC and have been a ESOplus subscriber since the game was released on PC. When they released ESOTU on xbox I jumped on it as I had wanted to play on xbox all along. From the release of the game June 9th, 2015 until the Imperial city DLC I played non stop every night after work and every weekend. Since the Imperial City DLC I have begun to experience issues with lag that have only grown worse and worse with each patch that is released. I initially was able to use port triggering to make the game playable for PVP, however now port triggering only makes the game performance worse. PVP is unplayable for me as with no one around it still takes me 2 seconds from pressing a button to mount, until my character actually mounts. When other players show up the game becomes a slide show and I am dead without being able to functionally respond, I cast abilities, dodge roll, block and nothing happens for 4-5s until a random assortment of the initiated actions actually begin to animate and then I'm dead.

In PVE content the lag is not as bad but still present I still run into times where voices drop out, screens freeze, abilities stop functioning, or the game crashes for no apparent reason, I'm not talking about in the middle of boss fights when tons of effects are going off, yeah that happens occasionally, I'm talking just trying to travel to Grahtwood, or anything in Orsinium.

What can I do to fix this? I've upgraded my internet service, I've replaced routers and modems, I've tried port forwarding, and port triggering.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Templar's are evil..
  • ShadowFoxx
    Unplayable for me.
  • Ason_SWE
    Ason_SWE
    Yes, same here. Performance is noticeable worse after Thieves Guild patch.
  • Burns
    Burns
    Unplayable it's absolutely clear to me you people have never played MMORPG on dial-up Internet like Ultima online in 1997 suck it up
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burns wrote: »
    Unplayable it's absolutely clear to me you people have never played MMORPG on dial-up Internet like Ultima online in 1997 suck it up

Um....it is not 1997....this is not Ultima online...
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the performance issues improved with TG for me, still having noticeable lag. The new zone is a complete lag fest with lots of disconnects, same for any major town. Hoping that given a couple weeks as population evens out it will be more playable.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Framerate drops and laggyness even in Cadwell Gold areas which are not well populated by other players.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • x5ofspadez
    x5ofspadez
    ✭✭✭
    Framerate drops and laggyness even in Cadwell Gold areas which are not well populated by other players.

Ive been noticing this too. I thought it might be better in obscure areas and sadly it wasnt.
    XBOX NA EP Knights of Athena
    Marijan V16 Magicka Templar
    Sloba V16 Magicka Nightblade
    Danica V16 Magicka Sorc (AD)
    Dat Lady V7 Stamina Sorc
    Radvan V3 Stamplar
    Grobari V1 Magicka DK
    Zeljiko V1 Magicka Nightblade
    Ganks-From-Shadows L20 Magicka Nightblade BwB

PC NA DC Wings of Fate
    Arienne L'Mortelle V7 Magicka Nightblade