Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fighter/Mage Quests at Vet Level

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
Hi all, I've just completed the main story and have started Cadwell's silver zone. However, I've not touched the mage and fighters guild quests for for some time, although I'm quite advanced in them both. At what point do I lose loot drop and xp gains with these quest lines? Do they scale with level, 'cos right now they are at lvl50 and I'm V1
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They scale with your level. I've never tried them on a vet rank character, but I'm sure I've seen someone on the forums mention waiting until VR16 or so before doing them, and getting scaled opponents/loot/XP.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    They scale with your level. I've never tried them on a vet rank character, but I'm sure I've seen someone on the forums mention waiting until VR16 or so before doing them, and getting scaled opponents/loot/XP.

Thanks, its just that I fancy that Prismatic Core weapon at a higher level. Does anyone know if it is worth waiting to turn this in?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll get a choice of prismatic at the end of fighters guild and it'll be v16 if you're that high. Also remember on mage guild last quest to be "evil" not spoiling but you'll wish later on you were.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll get a choice of prismatic at the end of fighters guild and it'll be v16 if you're that high. Also remember on mage guild last quest to be "evil" not spoiling but you'll wish later on you were.

Yeah man I did that a few days ago, thing is I didn't think it was evil at all after listening to the dialogues a few times, I mean all them books..
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah man I did that a few days ago, thing is I didn't think it was evil at all after listening to the dialogues a few times, I mean all them books..
    I thought she'd be happier with Uncle Sheo...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, its just that I fancy that Prismatic Core weapon at a higher level. Does anyone know if it is worth waiting to turn this in?

You know you can craft prismatic glyphs right? xD

It used to be cool getting at v14/16 but now you can just craft the glyph.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought she'd be happier with Uncle Sheo...

You know you can craft prismatic glyphs right? xD

It used to be cool getting at v14/16 but now you can just craft the glyph.

Right, I probably should have researched a bit more before asking! It seems these glyphs are only found in Imperial City? From what I've read you can only craft these glyphs at very high levels, is that right?

So I might as well turn this quest in now then if I'm not gonna get anything one-off.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I probably should have researched a bit more before asking! It seems these glyphs are only found in Imperial City? From what I've read you can only craft these glyphs at very high levels, is that right?

So I might as well turn this quest in now then if I'm not gonna get anything one-off.

Last time I saw a price, it was about 50,000 gold for the essence, and this is on the NA/PC which has the lowest prices of all platforms and servers. It might be worth keeping the quest until you hit VR16, as that could be at least one weapon you don't need to craft. Also, if you use the Willpower or Agility sets, you may end up with a slot that is not part of a dropped or crafted set (depending on which combos you use) so this is a wonderful weapon to use in that case.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Last time I saw a price, it was about 50,000 gold for the essence, and this is on the NA/PC which has the lowest prices of all platforms and servers. It might be worth keeping the quest until you hit VR16, as that could be at least one weapon you don't need to craft. Also, if you use the Willpower or Agility sets, you may end up with a slot that is not part of a dropped or crafted set (depending on which combos you use) so this is a wonderful weapon to use in that case.
    Nestor wrote: »

I'll leave it for sometime in the future then. I've no issue with crafting as I'm 8 smithing/ 9 clothing/ 8 woodwork and have every motif but Daedric; its just that I was after a truly unique sword at the highest level.

Thanks for the help people, most appreciated ;)