Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting buddies

donnieljrb14_ESO
I am looking for someone who wants to trade player made enchantments to increase the inspiration gained. My enchanting is currently only level 18 as I have only been leveling through deconstructing found glyphs so far. I have accumulated a bit of rune stones in the bank and ready to make glyphs just for this purpose. I am a casual gamer on PS4 NA server.

If you are interested, please hit me up here. if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • donnieljrb14_ESO
    I forgot to add that I am In the AD.
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    Hi. I've been running around going for my monster hunter achivement and have been aquiring quite a few glyphs that I just sell to the merchants. A few weeks ago, I helped someone level their enchanting to 50 by sending them the glpyhs to decon. I'll be happy to do the same for you. I play on the weekend so if your interested let me know. Psn: aaronpua
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, you get more Inspiration from Mob Glyphs than you do Player Made glyphs (or Alt made Glyphs for that matter). The difference is small, about 10%, but you get less from player and alt made glyphs. The information that tells you you get more from other player made glyphs is old and outdated. In fact, you can level two enchanters yourself by making them on one, and deconning them on another.

But, your best source for Glyphs over all is Mob Loot as you get other loot to decon, exp points, gold and you can level skills while grinding. You will lose more than 75% of your runes deconning glyphs, so if you do the make it then decon it route, do so with materials you have an excess of and don't mind using up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• donnieljrb14_ESO
    Yeah that's what I have been doing so far is deconning the monster dropped glyphs. It's slow going but it's going I guess. I had no idea the deconning of other player made glyphs other than your own was lessened.....that sucks as leveling enchanting is hard without that.....well way slower than any other profession anyway.

As far as you sending the glyphs, that would be great. I would just like to see for myself if deconning player made is indeed VERY little exp/ inspiration. I am not sure I have mats you want, but if you need anything Kay, I can at least try. My PsN: SelfishWays

I will try to contact you in game as well
    Thanks
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have runes, you could ask another enchanter to make glyphs for you from your materials. Add a Kuta or two as payment. Assuming you have high level potencies and blue and purple aspects, it's the fastest way to level up your first enchanter.

Looted glyphs, while giving a little more than player-mades, are limited to green quality. Nothing kicks enchanting up like monumental purples. Just don't use them until over 30, as this thread by SpaEkus shows about penalties.

Since required XP per level increases every level, looted glyphs and any white/green glyphs are too weak somewhere beyond level 30. You should consider blue veteran potency glyphs after reaching level 30. At some point you need to give up from looted glyphs and switch to rune farming.

After reaching level 40, it gets even steeper. Level 40 requires six monumental purples or 30-50 looted glyphs, IIRC. Tier 9/10 enchanting writs give decent inspiration XP. You should do them daily.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone