Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

item being researched suddenly vanishing?

efster
efster
✭✭✭✭✭
I loaded nirnhoned light shoes into a research slot along with a robe and gloves last week, and yesterday, the shoes slot was suddenly empty (conversely, this happened right after a nirn axe finished researching).

Reporting this in-game did exactly nothing; my item is still gone and my research slot is still empty -- and no, I didn't just ~forget to load it. I put the items up for research in order, like so -- chest - shoes - gloves; I had 3 slots open at once and of course I filled them all. Chest and gloves are being researched just as they were before.

smh @ ZOS, it takes bloody long enough to research things past 7 traits in the first place, and now I have to restart it and procure a new nirn item too? DISLIKE.
AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (conversely, this happened right after a nirn axe finished researching).

Open a ticket with Support. If the item went away when another item finished, that is a glitch and they may replace that which was lost.

For the record, I am on my last item to research to get 9/9 all on one character and another character has most of the traits on all items. And, this has never happened to me. I hope something in the new patch did not create conditions where this could happen.

Might be good to test on a mule or alt that knows no traits (for quicker cheaper research) and que a few items and see if it happens again. Put a few up for research on the first trait, then a couple of hours later put something else up, then see if anything disappears when the first group is finished. I am at work so I can't do this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had anything like this happen either, and I'm 8 trait on everything. I don't know if it's related to nirn research but it seems likely, given that the only thing that happened research-wise was that nirn axe completing.

I did already open a ticket with Support, though I'm skeptical of whether or not anything's going to come of it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never seen this either. I'm 8/8 on all my alts and almost done with my Nirn on my main (also did Nirn clothing/WW on an alt before deciding to consolidate all on one crafter).

I've never had this happen, so this is a very strange glitch that I hope they can isolate and that was not introduced with TG. Speaking of which, are you on PC or console? TG hasn't launched yet on console, so if you're on console, then it wouldn't be a glitch introduced with TG.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC, so it could be TG-related, theoretically.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro, but IDC -- this happened again. Light nirnhoned feet, loaded into research along with 2 other items last week, now gone. The other items are being researched as before.

Original support ticket is untouched, as, I suspect, the new one will be. What the actual blue hell, ZOS? FIX THIS.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started a thread (or commented in a thread) about this issue back in the dark ages of this game. With many 9/9 or close to 9/9 toons, only happened twice that I was aware of.

Conversely, after patches, I seem to suddenly have research finished early on an item every once in awhile, although not lately.