Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Farm Set Drops, or Craft a Set?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been VERY slow at researching my traits so basically I'm at Vet 8 and am just now able to craft a few 3 trait set pieces at the moment. That said, I've picked up two Vet 7 Soulshine items from loot drops, which I kinda like the bonuses it gives. So really what do you think I should do, go and farm the zone for more Soulshine pieces to fill out the set, or just wait until I have more traits researched...or I guess I can still do both.

And to clarify I'm a Magicka Sorceress.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely do both, some of the best sets in the game are crafted and it makes gearing and playing much more easy if you can just make what you want at the drop of a hat (except for jewelry)
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Masstershake
    Masstershake
    ✭✭✭
    You should do both but you can also search the guild traders. They usually have world drop set pieces and are usually not expensive. You should also definitely put points into multiple/faster trait research. You can do 3 at once and once you are done researching all the traits you want just respec and you dont need to put points in there.
    Meatwad gets the honeys G.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At VR8 I wouldn't invest time and gold in dropped/bought sets. Just craft. Save your resources for when you reach VR16.

Unless you play at a very slow rhythm or have very little playtime available, your items will be outdated before you know it, due to reaching higher veteran ranks.

That said, soulshine is the nicest jewelry set available for magicka users at intermediate vet rank.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on March 17, 2016 4:23PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said... go grab the other jewellery bits you need from guild traders... theyre very cheap now... and keep up the research... put skill points in to make it quicker and allow you to research more than one piece at a time.

You're only 1 trait away from Magnus Gift... that 4 piece is an excellent general magicka levelling set, as is 2 or 3 piece torugs pact which I think is very low on trait requirements.

That along with soulshine jewels will do nicely for a good few vet levels until you can craft stuff like Julianos at 6 traits.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I've picked up two Vet 7 Soulshine items from loot drops, which I kinda like the bonuses it gives.

Soulshine is an awesome set. It drops* all the way up to VR10, it has Rings and a Necklace so you can make a 5 piece set. Then you can mix it with Seducer (3 Traits) for an awesome Magic Combo. I have a set of Soulshine at VR10 for my alts as they rise up in the game.

*this is one armor sets that does drop often enough you can make a set, but it also sells pretty cheap in the guild stores

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"