The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

grand amnesty edict bug

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i'm able to store counterfeit pardon edict and leniency edict in the bank, but something is wrong with grand amnesty edict, i'm unable to store it in my own bank.
  • Amachie
    Amachie
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i'm able to store counterfeit pardon edict and leniency edict in the bank, but something is wrong with grand amnesty edict, i'm unable to store it in my own bank.

Its probably something to do with being a quest reward. Other edicts/pardons can be looted, grand amnesty edict is aquired via quest.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this so I can store it in the bank for that rainy day when needed. I
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, that particular item seems like something you'd want to have in your inventory rather than the bank. After all, if you need to use it, you'd probably want to avoid entering a bank in the first place...

The only reason I can see for banking it is to transfer it to another character. But then, the other character can earn their own easily enough anyway.

My problem with the grand amnesty is that it is so ridiculously high it doesn't seem worth it to use it ever. I mean, after going on a killing spree in a town I can rack around 13k bounty, which is petty change compared to what the grand amnesty could clear. I guess I'll hold onto mine until Dark Brotherhood :-)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    To be fair, that particular item seems like something you'd want to have in your inventory rather than the bank. After all, if you need to use it, you'd probably want to avoid entering a bank in the first place...

not really, you can always access a bank safely from any outlaws refuge. but for that amount of gold i believe that it would be something that we'll use one day for fun and not as a solution. as you said "it is so ridiculously high", so, it's better to be stored in the bank, to avoid use it by mistake.

i really hope they fix this bug soon.

Edited by NeKryXe on March 16, 2016 9:57PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not earned this yet, but if a 13K Bounty does not even make it blink, then I want to make sure I have it in a Safe Place until I need it. And, for sure, I am going to plan on when I need it, not stumble into needing it.

The most bounty I have ever racked up in the game is 650 or so gold and that was because I was caught trespassing, not stealing and then I was seen by a couple others before I could get out the Warehouse District. My stealing bounties are never more than a hundred, other than that one Trove in Abah's Landing that is in a shack, tricky to steal that one without being seen.

I would hold onto this Edict until I was going to go on a Murder Spree to end all Murder Sprees. Until that occurs, or rather, if that ever occurs, I don't want it cluttering up my Inventory.
    Edited by Nestor on March 16, 2016 8:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just tested after the last update and seems that this bug is not fixed yet.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug; they mentioned in the last ESO Live that it was intended that way, 'cause it's supposed to be a special reward.

A largely useless special reward, considering even after grinding the mass murderer achievement the max bounty I've managed to amass was like 14,000 gold XD
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but it's a special reward taking up an inventory space, possibly for months. At least if I could put them in the bank, once I got one on each of my characters they could stack and take up 1 bank space, rather than 8 separate inventory spaces.
    Edited by Epona222 on March 31, 2016 9:25AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i just tested after the last update and seems that this bug is not fixed yet.

That's because it's not a bug. This is intended behavior. The item is marked as Backpack Bind on Pickup before you turn in the quest.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug; they mentioned in the last ESO Live that it was intended that way, 'cause it's supposed to be a special reward.

A largely useless special reward, considering even after grinding the mass murderer achievement the max bounty I've managed to amass was like 14,000 gold XD

jip

It is really a "Carte Blanche"

And who knows it will come in handy for an assasinastion DB guild quest, with a much higher max bounty than the 14,000 mass murderer achievement.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it's not a bug it's much more stupid than i thought :\
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to store this in the bank too, so I can use it on my other character. But that one guy needs about 10 of these things right now because he doesn't believe in stealing since it is dishonest that is not a quality a gallant knight should have. He claims rightful ownership of things the good honest way and then courageously accepts any challenge to his rightful claim to the property in question as any true duelist would.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Janneia
    Janneia
    Soul Shriven
    I believe I may have found a workaround for this? Well, in regards to the 'but what if I accidentally use it?' dilemma, anyway.
    Mark it as Junk. I checked, you can't sell it to a merchant, so... maybe??
    Edited by Janneia on January 4, 2018 7:45PM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janneia wrote: »
    I believe I may have found a workaround for this? Well, in regards to the 'but what if I accidentally use it?' dilemma, anyway.
    Mark it as Junk. I checked, you can't sell it to a merchant, so... maybe??

This thread is almost 2 years old...
    Kiss the chaos.
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Since this thread is quite outdated, we've decided to close it. If you'd like to start a new thread on this topic, please feel free to do so.

Thank you.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 4, 2018 9:59PM
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.