Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are the level requirements for each rank in crafting skill lines?

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
I'm on Xbox one and I can not find what level is required per rank in any given crafting skill line. For example, I have a blue recipe that requires 5 points in the recipe improvement and 2 points in the recipe quality. Is there any way to tell what level is needed for "recipe improvement 5"? I can only see what level the next rank requires and only if I have the highest rank I can in that particular skill or it says "purchase for one skill point".

This is the same for every single skill in the game. So am I supposed to not know when I can get to a certain skill or does anyone know of a way to see that?

Best Answer

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP asks, what provisioning level is required to open each passive. You can find them e.g. from @Tallowby 's crafting aid file. The link to the file is in his signature.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Answer ✓
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "level" do you mean your characters level?
    You're crafting ranks and skill ranks are not based on character level. Crafting uses a type of exp called "inspiration" to rank up (you could technically have max rank crafting at level 1), whereas skills and abilities use the exp that levels your character. However, your abilities will gain higher rank much faster than your character level base on how much you use them.

So, if you want to rank up your Provisioning skill, start cooking!
    If you want to rank up Weapon or Armor or Class skills, slot them on your bars and grind exp!
    Edited by kadar on March 16, 2016 3:23AM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I googled your question and this was one of the results. It's a comprehensive guide. Some of the information may be out of date with the most recent patch but it's certainly informative.

http://www.esouniverse.com/guides/crafting/
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I think @The_Outsider is both correct and most likely answers your question, there is another point that may be a factor... the skill points that you use to allow you to make higher level items, and that would depend on each craft, someplace between 6 and 10 skill points at least per skill.

But, as @The_Outsider stated, if you had all the skill points to spend, you can max any craft at level 1.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    While I think @The_Outsider is both correct and most likely answers your question, there is another point that may be a factor... the skill points that you use to allow you to make higher level items, and that would depend on each craft, someplace between 6 and 10 skill points at least per skill.

But, as @The_Outsider stated, if you had all the skill points to spend, you can max any craft at level 1.

Good point. Maybe if you gathered all the skyshards in the game while somehow not leveling up you could do it? :D
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically it would be level 3. Playing through the prison nets enough xp to make you level 3 and skipping it levels you to level 3 automatically.

Gathering sky shards without discovering areas or zones is possible but very difficult to do. A lot of PVP players try to do that in order to max skill points without vetting out of BlackWaterBlade Campaign. Typically it's anything goes before level 10 (Public Dungeon Group Bosses and Skyshards without discovering wayshrines.) with as few quests as possible, the undaunted would be the only acceptable quests before level 10.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    level 3 for max level in any crafting, good luck with the passives & wasted mats though for decon but it is possible.

I honestly prefer going to around level 15-20 with a crafter and making sure to net all Cyrodiil skyshards then you will have enough skill points to max em out and keep the passives in the 3 primary crafts - BS, WW & Clothing
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    My link here has those numbers at the bottom, they "should be" mostly current but I haven't verified every one for a while to say 100%.

craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-TG DLC